Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=23438
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 7:43am

Topic: Catherine Zeta-Jones banged!
Posted By: lev
Subject: Catherine Zeta-Jones banged!
Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 2:26am
She looks great (and much younger) with her newly cut bangs:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/031001/170/5fozd.html&e=3&ncid=707 - http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/031001/170/5fozd.html&e=3&ncid=707

and:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/031001/170/5fp0j.html&e=2&ncid=707 - http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/031001/170/5fp0j.html&e=2&ncid=707

Replies:
Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 2:41am
*shrugs* It's all right. I still wish she'd do her real hair after the wig she wore in _Chicago_, though. And with the '20s retro thing coming back, it would be a good time for it! *hopes*

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 3:00am
Mandy Moore as well.

I maintain my position that any hairdresser who allows their client to get bangs should be taken out back and shot.

Posted By: duke
Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 3:36am
It's all right, but lookd better without.
She should never ever cut her hair.

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 7:16am
I think they look wonderful on her and its a great way for her to have a very differnent look without cutting very much hair!

-------------

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 7:50am
Looks good better then a hack job.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 10:29am
Wow. I was a bit nervous about this one - after all, as JF says, why mess with perfection? But I think the bangs look great on her. Makes her look younger and sexier. And as much as I liked her old style, I'm glad she tried something a little different. Plus now she won't spend as much time every day absently brushing the hair from in front of her eyes....

Posted By: natasha
Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 10:53am
She needed a change badly -- but those bangs are just too long.

Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 12:50pm
She looks great, but who's the old guy? Is her grandfather visiting from Wales?

Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 12:57pm
The bangs really look good on her... not that she didn't look wonderful before but this is wow.

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 4:21pm
Looks great!!
Makes her look years younger.

Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 5:43pm
As everyone else said she does look younger with the bangs. Its a pleasent change, and she looks awesom with the bangs. I to would love to see her cut her hair for real like she had it in Chicago, she would look so darn hot.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 8:26pm
Re: CZJ's fringe... this is not good. Why mess with perfection, indeed.

Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

And with the '20s retro thing coming back, it would be a good time for it!

Huh? '20s retro? On what planet? Kuronekodreamsphere?

-------------

Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 11:36pm
Since no one answered my question, I had to roll up my sleeves and do a little investigative work. Much to my surprise the elderly gentleman pictured with Catherine Zeta Jones is none other than old man Douglas, who soon thereafter could be heard uttering "you kids get off my lawn" while waving his cane in the air.

Posted By: HairLover
Date Posted: October 02 2003 at 9:26am
Prediction: Bangs are STEP ONE to a shorter style. Why? Shorter style easier for busy moms. Lets see what happens next!

-------------

Date Posted: October 02 2003 at 9:38am
[QUOTE=HairLover] Prediction: Bangs are STEP ONE to a shorter style. Why? Shorter style easier for busy moms. Lets see what happens next!

I'm going to disagree with you on that one.. she is a busy CELEBRITY mom.... meaning her nanny most likely already has short hair!

-------------

Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: October 02 2003 at 1:41pm
Sorry for jumping in so late on this one. To agree with Mr. Decker, CZJ didn't need bangs. Looked fantastic without them. However, if she is going to cut them, they shouldn't be long bangs, since those just don't flatter roundish faces like the lovely Catherines. Should be cut to the top of her eyebrows. Would balance her face better and highlight her eyes. I'll bet this will be one of the few times you see them worn as bangs. Look for them to be swept back or styled to either side of her forehead when she wears her traditional center-parted style.

And she ain't going shorter because of the kid. Didn't the first time and won't this time. If she's like most moms I know who have long hair and like it, they simply throw it back in a ponytail for convenience and so little hands can't grab it.

JF

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Date Posted: October 02 2003 at 4:05pm
Jf, you sound a little peved at the thought of CZJ going short. She may just look even better with short hair then she does with long hair. I do agree with you on that she won't go short because of a kid. As you said she will just put it in a tail. Some how I think Catherine would hate short hair and if she ever did cut it she would hate it and start growing it out right away and wear extensions till its long again. Just my 2 cents.

Date Posted: October 02 2003 at 4:12pm
Personal Favorite? There's a picture out there where she is holding hat where her clothes would be had she been wearing any.

Thick dark mass of curls, just brushing her shoulders.

Would've loved to see that style with a side part, for a little peek-a-boo action.

Hubba-hubba.

Mr. Happy

Posted By: Grace912
Date Posted: October 02 2003 at 8:31pm
The bangs are great; then again, CZJ always has gorgeous hair.

Somehow, I don't see her going very short. Not that it wouldn't look good, but it just doesn't seem very "her." Her personality has always seemed very leonine, for lack of a better term. She's someone who kind of needs long, full, almost manelike hair. The flapper bob looked good on her as Velma Kelly, but in real life I don't think she'd ever be quite comfortable with that.

-------------
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: October 04 2003 at 1:14am
Nah, my dream world would involve very short-haired, slightly androgynous women in business suits, actually. I'm the one who's into bursting gender roles wide open, remember?
For real, though, I've actually been reading up about fashion for once, so I've read about how some of the major design houses were showing '20s-inspired clothing. And then there were some nice flapper-like dresses in the Emmys, too. . . Hopefully that's a good sign that some of the '20s thing will actually trickle down into the closets of the average American woman. *hopes, anyway* That was a cool era. . . maybe the first time American women on a large scale ever tried to revolt against society's expectations of femininity :-) .

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Huh? '20s retro? On what planet? Kuronekodreamsphere?

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: princessmonica
Date Posted: October 04 2003 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by HairLover HairLover wrote:

Prediction: Bangs are STEP ONE to a shorter style.

where the heck did you come up with that? i have had bangs for years and have no intensions of cutting my long hair.

Posted By: Gord
Date Posted: October 04 2003 at 11:17pm
Look at this photo and tell me, honestly, if you think this woman needs bangs?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/the.watsons/zeta/images/gallery/fhm4.jpg - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/the.watsons/zeta/images/gallery/fhm4.jpg

Date Posted: October 05 2003 at 9:11am
Well I guess she thought she did or she would not have them right now! When it comes down to it all its up to her how to wear her hair, and if she wants hair down to her ankels and short bangs thats her right as a U.S. citizen to wear her hair as she feels fit, same goes the other way, if she chooses to chop her famous long sexy mane into a nice short mane and short bangs or no bangs that is her deciesion and no one else. Unless of course she is asked to cut it for a movie but even then she can decline to take the job or demand to wear a wig like she did in Chicago.I think she is pretty and has nice long hair, but would look just as sexy with short hair. You never know unless you try.

Date Posted: October 05 2003 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

Well I guess she thought she did or she would not have them right now! When it comes down to it all its up to her how to wear her hair, and if she wants hair down to her ankels and short bangs thats her right as a U.S. citizen to wear her hair as she feels fit, same goes the other way, if she chooses to chop her famous long sexy mane into a nice short mane and short bangs or no bangs that is her deciesion and no one else. Unless of course she is asked to cut it for a movie but even then she can decline to take the job or demand to wear a wig like she did in Chicago.I think she is pretty and has nice long hair, but would look just as sexy with short hair. You never know unless you try.

Though I do agree with you on your "it's her decision" ramble, it took you awhile to get around to answering Gord's simple question (what was the point of your diatribe in the context of the subject?)

She tried, and now we know -- she looks better without the bangs. Though I think some suspected as much before the bangs appeared.

-------------

Date Posted: October 05 2003 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

Nah, my dream world would involve very short-haired, slightly androgynous women in business suits, actually. I'm the one who's into bursting gender roles wide open, remember?
For real, though, I've actually been reading up about fashion for once, so I've read about how some of the major design houses were showing '20s-inspired clothing. And then there were some nice flapper-like dresses in the Emmys, too. . . Hopefully that's a good sign that some of the '20s thing will actually trickle down into the closets of the average American woman. *hopes, anyway* That was a cool era. . . maybe the first time American women on a large scale ever tried to revolt against society's expectations of femininity :-) .

I like long-haired women in all their guises, including in business suits, which could be seen as being contrary to the expected short-haired-woman-in-a-business-suit look in the workplace.

When you mentioned '20s inspired styles I presumed you were talking about the most recent decades of the '20s, that being the 1920s (as opposed to the 1820s or 1720s)... though "recent" and "1920s" are hardly congruous.

-------------

Date Posted: October 05 2003 at 6:43pm
Sorry Dave for some reason Gord just gets me going on my soap box. I guess it is from all the times he used to slam almost every thing I said. Gord brought up a good point and a sexy pic of Catherine too.

My ansewer was no she did not need them but looks just as sexy with them.

Posted By: Gord
Date Posted: October 05 2003 at 10:35pm
Cripe, if I'm going to get in trouble, I might as well go back to being Evil Gord. hehehe

Thanks for the support, Dave. I'm glad someone gets me.

Date Posted: October 06 2003 at 7:07am
We get you Gord...just don't like you!!! Just kidding of course... just disagreee with you.... Not kidding!

-------------

Posted By: Lester
Date Posted: October 06 2003 at 8:07am
Catherine is in the same boat Jane Seymour was. When a part calls for short hair,she will be allowed to wear a wig,just like Jane was. She does have very beautiful hair and I would hate to see her cut it. Speaking of Jane,I think we do need an actress with waist length hair again. Catherine would be perfect for that position!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window