Print Page | Close Window

GREEN HAIR

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24470
Printed Date: May 04 2024 at 12:07am

Topic: GREEN HAIR
Posted By: K
Subject: GREEN HAIR
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
I had been coloring my hair for years and deceided to stop.Well, you know what that means, ROOTS. Well, I called the clairol hot-line and I got some goober that said that it was okay for me to apply Loving Care over my already colored hair. So I did and it turned my hair green. And I mean GREEN! I guess it was the metallic dyes in the hair color. Luckily, It was on Halloween, so I calmly walked into Kmart and purchased a bottle of metalex hoping it would get the green out. It got some of it out, but it still had a green tint. Anyway I washed my hair with dishwashing liquid, Tide, COMET- I don't recommend that- and anything else I could get my hands on. I finally gave up and went to the beauty shop. She asked me what my natural color was and I told her medium brown. She did all this stuff to me and finally got the green out! VICTORY! Not quite. She ended up turning me black-headed. I don't know what brand of hair color she put in, but it was like my hair just sponged it up! I washed it 4-5 times a day and it was always just as black as ever. I cried for weeks and months and finally the color started to fade. I look back now and I can't believe that I ever started coloring my hair again!

Replies: