Print Page | Close Window

Being 9

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24529
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 8:38pm

Topic: Being 9
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Being 9
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
My mom told us that when she was a girl that my grandma had a rule that when you were 9 you had to cut your hair. I just turned 9 and my sister is 11. We both have very long hair. My mom said she would never make a rule like grandma did but last week my sister and me spended the night over at grama's house. I had just taken my bath and my grama always does braids on me that are real pretty and this time she called over my sister to look at it. Then I felt some pulling on my braid and heard this noise. My grandma cut off my hair above my shoulders and had my sister hold it. She said it was time for a change. Then she told my sister to go into the kitchen and she got her hair wet and then grandma started to cut some of Heather's hair too. My sister started crying a little bit and then my grandma let Heather cut some of her own hair off. Mom was a little mad but it wass too late - we both had short hair now. Now my hair is at the top of my shoulders and short in back. What do I do. My sister let my grandma finish cutting off all of her hair cuz my grandma used to be a beauty parlor lady but I don't want her to cut mine any more. Mom said I mite feel better if I wrote my story but I'm still sad. Mom says we have to go get mine cut again tomorrow to make it look better.Grandma still says it looks better and summer is coming and I will like it. I sleep with my long braid under my pillow.

Replies:
Posted By: Kim
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
> Honey, your grandmother meant well and I'm sure she loves you. She probably grew up in a different time when everyone had shorter hair and she was probably a strict mom where Rules are Rules. Your hair will grow back fast. Look at some pictures of short hair and get your hair looking better. The faster you do this, the faster you can start to grow it out. I'm sure your grandma feels badly that she mad you sad too...------------------------------------------------------------My mom told us that when she was a girl that my> grandma had a rule that when you were 9 you had to cut> your hair. I just turned 9 and my sister is 11. We> both have very long hair. My mom said she would never> make a rule like grandma did but last week my sister> and me spended the night over at grama's house. I had> just taken my bath and my grama always does braids on> me that are real pretty and this time she called over> my sister to look at it. Then I felt some pulling on> my braid and heard this noise. My grandma cut off my> hair above my shoulders and had my sister hold it. She> said it was time for a change. Then she told my sister> to go into the kitchen and she got her hair wet and> then grandma started to cut some of Heather's hair> too. My sister started crying a little bit and then my> grandma let Heather cut some of her own hair off. Mom> was a little mad but it wass too late - we both had> short hair now. Now my hair is at the top of my> shoulders and short in back. What do I do. My sister> let my grandma finish cutting off all of her hair cuz> my grandma used to be a beauty parlor lady but I don't> want her to cut mine any more. Mom said I mite feel> better if I wrote my story but I'm still sad. Mom says> we have to go get mine cut again tomorrow to make it> look better.> Grandma still says it looks better and summer is> coming and I will like it. I sleep with my long braid> under my pillow.

-------------