Print Page | Close Window

Curling brush disaster

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24543
Printed Date: May 18 2024 at 5:04am

Topic: Curling brush disaster
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Curling brush disaster
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
When I was in Jr High, a friend of mine was came to my home. She had long, one-length hair that reached halfway down her back. I don't think she ever did a damaging thing to it (blow drying, curling, etc.) till she asked me to curl it for her! I had never had long hair, and at that time, i had a collar length layered cut that required heat curling. So I agreed to curl her hair. I heated the curling brush till it was nice and hot and played "salon" for several minutes. Well, as luck would have it, I decided to roll the curling brush up near the roots to maximize the curl, not realizing (remember, I never had long hair before) that the brush would catch. Not only did it catch, the brush was so hot it was frying her hair. I felt miserable. I turned the brush off and tried to free it - it wouldn't budge. It took about an hour to release the brush (she actually had to call home to explain why she was late for dinner.) There was definitely a lot of pain, and some hair damage, but some how, it didn't damage our friendship!

Print Page | Close Window