Print Page | Close Window

Boy did I srew up!!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24635
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 1:50am

Topic: Boy did I srew up!!!
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Boy did I srew up!!!
Date Posted: March 10 2000 at 3:28pm
I had long naturally dark auburn hair (all one length). To please my boyfriend, I tried bleaching it blond for the Summer. I used a 40v hair bleach and a plastic bag. An hour later I took off the bag and about 50% of my hair. I have tried getting it back to dark auburn so it could grow out... but the brown color (they cannot put red back in it) does not stick well to the blond. So now, 9 months later, I have 2 1/2" hairs all over my head that don't fit in with the other lengths, so it looks chopped. Furthermore, the 2 1/2 inces are dark auburn and the rest is a dirty light brown color. I cannot chop it off or my hair will be 2" short all over. What should I do? I have NEVER had such a bad hair experience in my life. HELP!!!

Replies:
Posted By: ManneredMoose
Date Posted: March 11 2000 at 7:42pm
First and foremost, I hope you understand now that going blonde is not to be taken lightly, especially with a do-it-yourself kit.

As for your widely different lengths, cutting it shorter is still pretty much the best option. Now you don't necessarily have to cut it all down to 2.5", but pick a length that you can live with while you get frequent trims to allow the shorter hairs to 'catch up' to the longer lengths. The differing shades will likely look a bit better once some of the damaged length is removed.

-------------