Print Page | Close Window

Hair dye at home

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24639
Printed Date: May 05 2024 at 9:54pm

Topic: Hair dye at home
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Hair dye at home
Date Posted: March 20 2000 at 11:57am
I am writing for my mother who is far from internet savvy. She dyed her hair this weekend, as she always does--to hide the grey. Well apparently this weekend something went VERY wrong and her hair resembles that of ronald mcdonald. She used peroxide, alcohol (based on advice of some friends) and has washed it over and over again. Any suggestions on speeding up the process of washing this out? Or at least tone it down? I am afraid her hair will fall out with all the processing.

Replies:
Posted By: forest
Date Posted: March 27 2000 at 8:49pm
Hi Pam:

Oh those moms! It would be very helpful if I knew what product your mom has used on her hair. Is is possible she picked up the wrong color at the store? Has she just had a permanent wave? Has she started taking any new medications? There are just so many things to consider as to why her hair suddenly turned bright red. If she would go to the salon or a beauty school in your area maybe they could set her right. Hope you can get her fixed up. If you try anything else you might damage her hair which I'm sure you donn't want to do.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window