Print Page | Close Window

What did the stylist think I said?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24647
Printed Date: May 01 2024 at 3:44am

Topic: What did the stylist think I said?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: What did the stylist think I said?
Date Posted: April 09 2000 at 1:49pm
About a week ago I went to get my hair cut. I had been growing it for a while, I mean it was almost down to my waist. I wanted to get it shorter cause I had just not had it cut for a while and thought it would be nice. But I was not expecting what happened. I went to the Randy Rick near my house. I sat down and I told the woman what I wanted. She askedme how much I wanted off and I said 7 inches, which should have brought my hair to about mid back. I should've thought when she said, "Are you sure, thats a lot?" But she had waist legnth hair too and I figured she thought it was a lot. So she combed my hair all out, I was nervous and almost backed out right there, but I didn`t. I should've. She took her fingers to right at my shoulders. I didn`t know she was going to cut. Then, without warning I saw her cut and the scissors cut away all that hair. I was shocked. She continued, I was too shocked to say anything. She continued to slice it off around my head. After that part was done she looked at me and said, " You look shocked" I was thinking, "Duh" I wanted to get out then, but she was not done, she ended up cutting off about 2 more inches, leaving it above my shoulders. She said she had to even it out I was so shocked, too shocked to be mad. My waist legnth hair had been cut above my shoulders. When she was done she asked me, are you gonna miss it? I ran my hands through it and she said, "Theres noithing there anymore", and laughed, she really thought that was what I wanted. She must have thought I said make it 7 inches long or something. I don`t understand why else she would cut off all that hair without even wondering if I didn`t like it. So anyway I now have blonde hair above my shoulders. can anyone help me with how to do it, or styles to use, or if I should cut some layers. it kind of curls under. To give you an idea what I look like I am 15, blonde hair, brown eyes, about 5'6", and skinny with an oval shaped head. Help would be great. Thanks.

Katie

Replies:
Posted By: HairBrains
Date Posted: April 18 2000 at 2:25pm
Well at leatst with your description you should look good with that length. The bad news is medium length hair is about the hardest to change looks of by styling. Basically you leave it down or pull one or both sides up or back, or headbands. That sort of thing. Unless you get into the layers(wich give a fuller look if you have med to thick hair or a wispy look if you have fine hair).Perms also offer change of looks but you have to consider the style you are looking to achieve. Good luck and in the mean time have fun with it!!

-------------