Print Page | Close Window

very long hair color breaking disaster- Pls help!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24651
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 3:44am

Topic: very long hair color breaking disaster- Pls help!
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: very long hair color breaking disaster- Pls help!
Date Posted: April 20 2000 at 12:34pm
I have very long naturally wavy, porous dark blonde hair that I had used Loreal Castings on to cover gray that lifted my color just a little. This was fine except I had a line of new growth that I wanted to get rid of. I went to a professional and asked for my regular hair color back maybe w/ some highlights, but told him I did not want to damage my hair, because of it's length and how fragile it is. He used a demi-permanent color all over my hair, and foiled some highlights in the front. Then I was shampooed VIGOROUSLY for about 10 mintes. I now have BROKEN hairs all over the place! My hair looks terrible, and the texture is rough and straw like, no body or shine. There are more broken hairs I believe than long hairs (and this has only been 10 days). I have used deep reconstructors, moisturizers, olive oil, and frizz products.. nothing is making it look any better.

Someone suggest Henna would seal and condition my hair. Can anyone give me feedback on this? I will probably have to continue coloring the new growth as it grows in a different shade. I read that you can't put any coloring over henna... but read somewhere else that henna comes out in 6 wks or so. If henna coloring itself works well on dark blone hair I think I would prefer to stick with natural coloring at this point. But I do not like red undertones. If not color, would clear henna help the condition of my hair w/out any lasting negative effects?

sorry for the length of this post but thought all info may be pertinent--

thanks in advance for any help, :)
Bree

Replies:
Posted By: HairBrains
Date Posted: April 20 2000 at 11:07pm
Henna does coat and seal the hair, unfortunatley if it is very dry the henna is not going to add any miosture and also will seal out any more of the natural skalp oils that tend to naturally condition the hair. I might opt for a very good acid bal conditioner and even use it as a leave on conditioner along with your anti frizz or shine products.
Also you can't color over the henna. and unless you wait a very long time it is hard to tell how much of it it left on the hair (especially with the clear).

-------------