Print Page | Close Window

Black Hair DILEMNA

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24710
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 2:30pm

Topic: Black Hair DILEMNA
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Black Hair DILEMNA
Date Posted: November 26 2000 at 11:04pm
I am 16 years old and male. I keep my hair in the style most teens do, short with it "up" in the front.

I have normally medium-dark blonde hair. Sunday I had the idea of dying it black, and stupidly I used a permanent dye.

Monday I am going to the hair salon to get my hair lightened, hopefully to my natural color, but if its not possible at least a few shades lighter than BLACK. Will I have any success? Will the salon even be able to do anything since I just used a permanent on Sunday and Im going in Monday?

Replies:
Posted By: forest
Date Posted: December 16 2000 at 7:39pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP585798634&id=773&page=1#7.773.1 - 7.773.1
quote:

Normando originally wrote:
I am 16 years old and male. I keep my hair in the style most teens do, short with it "up" in the front.

I have normally medium-dark blonde hair. Sunday I had the idea of dying it black, and stupidly I used a permanent dye.

Monday I am going to the hair salon to get my hair lightened, hopefully to my natural color, but if its not possible at least a few shades lighter than BLACK. Will I have any success? Will the salon even be able to do anything since I just used a permanent on Sunday and Im going in Monday?

Hi Normando:

You should have much success at the salon. The hairdresser will remove the artificial black dye and then retint your hair to a pleasant shade of dark blond or light brown. I don`t believe you should be concerned about going in to the salon so soon after tinting black. I am sure the salon will tell you to use professional shampoo and reconditioning products since your hair will have to be damaged to take out the black color. You should be fine though. Good luck. Forest

-------------

Print Page | Close Window