Print Page | Close Window

its blonde, its its black, no red, no orange!!!Help me So whats the colour stripper deal

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24717
Printed Date: May 01 2024 at 6:39pm

Topic: its blonde, its its black, no red, no orange!!!Help me So whats the colour stripper deal
Posted By: blondi
Subject: its blonde, its its black, no red, no orange!!!Help me So whats the colour stripper deal
Date Posted: December 15 2000 at 11:38pm
Well it goes like this.
I have naturaly tobacco blonde hair w/ naturally lighter `streaks` around my face. I started w/ a few foils to lighten, then one day (about 6 months ago) something of a neighbourhood intervention occurred and well, I decided to, under duress, give it a shot from home. Yes you guessed it!! Urgh.
Well it fades to a pleasant straw blonde, but is an all over colour. I am not to thrilled by this.
So naturally(!!!!) I turn to my hairdresser to add some low lights back into my hair. I`m thinking light caramel..well two hours later I have red-black hair with white and gold racing stripes. I call her the next day and tell her...I hate it. She says "sorry babe, live with it"...or at least that is what I hear. I beg for an appiontment, and she tells me it is no use, I`ll be orange, but she pencils me in at my insistance. So I`m washing my hair madly with a residue removing shampoo, and now (7 days later)it has patches of straw blonde with rasberry black.
I WANT TO BE BLONDE AGAIN!!!!!! My skin looks so pale. My kids call me Mummy scary hair. My husband thinks I should join the circus...and, he never turns the light on these days.....hmmm
So what is the deal with colour strippers. how to I go from this to straw blonde again????
I need to know what to tell my hairdresser when I see her next week. I don`t want to tell me she can`t to anything.
I can`t wait it out. I flying to Sweden to meet my mother in law over christmas for the first time in 9 yrs (she is old and....well I`m scared she will have a hearty!!!). Last time I saw her I had light surfer girl hair!!
blondiwannabe

-------------
blondiwannabe

Replies:
Posted By: forest
Date Posted: December 16 2000 at 7:24pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP585798634&id=796&page=1#7.796.1 - 7.796.1
Well blondi almost!

Yes I think you have a little probelm on your head. First of all your hairdresser needs to use a color remover and try to get the artificial color out of your hair. This is always a fun thing because color remover can also lighten your own natural color. But at any rate you need to get the ugly color out and then retint with a nice blonde shade of tint. Your hairdresser should be able to get you to at least a level 6 and then after a few reconditioning treatments she might put in a few face framing hilights. Let me know how you make out with this. I hope your husband starts turning the lights back on!!!!! Forest

-------------

Print Page | Close Window