Print Page | Close Window

Copper/red nightmare!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24730
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 2:21am

Topic: Copper/red nightmare!
Posted By: cindy
Subject: Copper/red nightmare!
Date Posted: January 23 2001 at 9:18pm
Please help me! I`m on a two week vacation and have decided to dye my hair reddish blonde (permanent 9rb) by Revlon. I look absolutely horrible - almost like a ghost with hair on fire and I really don`t want to go back to work like this. I am teaching in Asia at the moment so going to a salon is impossible because they will never understand my dilemna. Also they only sell permanent dyes here. Can I dye my hair a brown color? My natural color is light -medium brown with blonde streaks in the sun. How long should I wait before dying my hair again?

Replies:
Posted By: Jenny
Date Posted: January 24 2001 at 9:23am
All I can say is DONT PUT ANYMORE HAIRCOLOR IN YOUR HAIR YOURSELF!! You hair will get a muddy color. Believe me, I know from experience. You said they only sell permanant hair color there. Well it is worth a shot going to the salon there. I am sure they know how to do color correction. I was in the same situation. Coloring my hair blonde for 15 years. Then I went to blonde at a salon and it turned this purplish reddish hue! I tried to fix it myself by putting in an ash brown. My hair got really really dark. I looked like a gothic chic! I went into a salon and he was able to strip the color out, which left me with an orangey color. He then foiled my hair all over. I liked it for about 3 days, it then got really brassy. STUPID ME, again I thought I can fix this myself. I bought a LIGHT ash brown. Well my hair is now a greenish, greyish brown. It has faded some. I am waiting about 2 weeks before I can have anything done to it. It is horrible! I wish I would of stayed blonde.

-------------
~~~~Jenny~~~~~

Print Page | Close Window