Print Page | Close Window

I know this question has been asked before but I murdered my beautiful hair with black dye!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24736
Printed Date: May 08 2024 at 4:01pm

Topic: I know this question has been asked before but I murdered my beautiful hair with black dye!
Posted By: Jessica
Subject: I know this question has been asked before but I murdered my beautiful hair with black dye!
Date Posted: February 18 2001 at 2:13pm
Ok here goes... I have well "had" beautiful hair (www.geocities.com/rose_thornz/pics.html) go there to see the old color. Pretty huh! Normally a nice light-medium brown with golden/copper highlights. It`s black now, and short. My roots are inching downward, and I feel like an ugly dope for dying. My hair has always been high quality and still is, the dying hasn`t hurt it in the least I just hate the way I look and want this black gone. If I can do it myself I will, I`d like to try a color remover, but I don`t know how well that will work. Will it remove all the black or just a shade or two, and will a remover lighten my roots? If it does lighten my roots that`s ok as long as it lightens the rest of my hair to at least a medium brown (i can always redye to even the whole process if that happens) I don`t want to go to a salon just yet, I understand the way hair and dyes work just not the remover... I know about color cancelation and all that should anything happen. Will a "remover" make me orange? I have reddish highlights now because of my natural color so I doubt i`ll go green. I have an olive complection so the golden stuff doesn`t look bad. Basically just tell me about removers and any other possible options (except plain bleaching - then I really will be orange and have no hair...) Thanks guys

Jessica

Replies:
Posted By: Shay
Date Posted: March 05 2001 at 5:11pm
I am no where near being a professional, but I think you should go to a professional hairdresser to get the color you want or just wait it out. I would`nt play around with color removers, I learned this trick thought to get your hair lighter:

Use dishwahing liquid and just keep shampooing your hair, the dye should fade.

I am not for sure if this will work, but it`s worth a try!

Good Luck

-------------
Blonde rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!