Print Page | Close Window

I said Blonde damnit! BLONDE!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24831
Printed Date: June 29 2024 at 11:23am

Topic: I said Blonde damnit! BLONDE!
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: I said Blonde damnit! BLONDE!
Date Posted: October 31 2001 at 12:03pm
Okay, well its been 5 months now since i first thought to myself "Gee, I wanna go blonde!" So I went to my hairdresser, told them exactly that, and she said she didnt want me to go home and cry because i wanted my natural mousy brown back (yech) and but highlights all over my head. Since then I have been to a number of stylists, who have put foils, foils and more foils. Finally, I went to a hairdresser, who understood that I was not afraid of going blonde, and since I am lucky enought o be blessed with healthy hair, she bleach-washed it and well, now I AM blonde, and guess what? Its blonde alright, but not blonde enough. This might be a stupid question, but how can I get it blonder, and maintain it?

Replies:
Posted By: Stephanie
Date Posted: October 31 2001 at 12:55pm
hrm, that seems to be the standard operating procedure for stylist... they never want to dye your whole head... they talked me into highlights too, but i wasnt really wanting to go all blonde anyway...back to my post :) sounds like you should just go back to the hairdresser that gave you the bleach-wash and tell her you want it blonder :) they have toners that can fix it up for you, or she could offer some other advice... (maintenance while i was all blonde a few years ago was using the "born blonde" stuff -i think you acn get it at walmart- to heep everything shimmery and wonderful :) again, ask your stylist, she`ll know better stuff than i can offer you :D
enjoy your hair!

-------------

Posted By: aeon
Date Posted: November 28 2001 at 4:39pm
Wow.
I was just reading the boards here because I wanted to know if I *could* go blonde blonde even though I have highlights (which I didn`t want and got talked into)
If they bleach my hair with the blonde highlights in it, won`t they already highlighted pieces get dangerously light? (i.e fall out?)

Why won`t anyone do all over colour anymore?
I brought in three pictures of colours I liked...all of them all over colour, and the stylist did everything but flat out refuse to get me to go with highlights.

-------------

Posted By: tracey
Date Posted: December 04 2001 at 10:24pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP585798634&id=1265&page=1#7.1308.1 - 7.1308.1
yes, if you already have blonde hi-lites and try to go all over blonde, they will be overprocessed and be fried. we try to discourage all over blonde because unless you look like a playboy bunny it doesn`t look good. It usually looks redneck. ( you asked)

-------------

Posted By: aeon
Date Posted: December 12 2001 at 3:00am
eh, I just dyed the whole thing auburn
I guess I avoided redneck teritorry once again.

*rolls eyes*

-------------

Print Page | Close Window