Print Page | Close Window

Mom`s who want hair cut

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24857
Printed Date: June 12 2024 at 5:11am

Topic: Mom`s who want hair cut
Posted By: Lauren87
Subject: Mom`s who want hair cut
Date Posted: December 30 2001 at 3:08pm
I completely understand how you feel everyone. i had hair that nearly touched my butt, I had been growing it since I can remember and never had hair shorter than about my lower back. Well my mom informed me in August that when I went to highschool I would be going with my hair above my shoulders, no questions asked, and that unless it looked horrible, it would not again reach below my shoulders until I was 18. The crying and threatening did not help, and she thought I was acting nuts. So she decided she would do it herself so I wouldn`t embarrass her in public. Then she wouldn`t let me keep the ponytail so she threw it away infront of me and then made me go to a salon and not I have blonde hair about chin legnth with short layers. i`ve had to go back 3 times since then to maintain the legnth and each time I think about how beautiful my hair would be now. i`m workin on getting her to let me grow it but either way it will be hard to get it how it was. i cry often, esppecially when I see other girls with their long hair who don`t have my problem. Girls, I know how parents are dont let them bother you.

-------------
Lauren xXx

Replies:
Posted By: Waggy
Date Posted: December 30 2001 at 3:22pm
I recommend a full outfit of leather and studs - maybe a collar or two...wags

-------------
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags

Posted By: gmoney
Date Posted: December 31 2001 at 4:52am
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP585798634&id=1401&page=1#7.1401.1 - 7.1401.1
I feel so sorry for you Lauren, I can`t understand why parent`s would ever do that to their children, it just seems so cruel to me. Please know that there are lots of people out there who are really sympathetic to you and your terrible loss and I for one feel for you immensely.

And once you are old enough, I hope that you totally get back at your mother by growing all of your long hair back and flaunt it in her face, knowing that she can`t make you cut it again!

Best wishes,

John

-------------

Posted By: duke
Date Posted: December 31 2001 at 11:57am
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP585798634&id=1401&page=1#7.1405.1 - 7.1405.1
Let`s see: whose moms fit the abusive list so far: Rachel A, Karen, McKee, Lauren, that`s four.
Sick. And it`s a whole new millenium. If I were the spouse of any of these women, there would
be protection coming, in big quantities! I wonder if these mothers watch Oprah, because the
recent "Get Real Challenge" with good ol` Dr. Phil showed the terrible effects of such controlling
parents. Maybe you can get counselling. Someone mentioned to go to your school councellor -
that`s a great idea. You girls should go there for advice. Are there other abusive behaviors in
your lives?

-------------