Print Page | Close Window

haircut or slice-and-dice?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24894
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 6:40pm

Topic: haircut or slice-and-dice?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: haircut or slice-and-dice?
Date Posted: April 19 2002 at 1:48pm
February, I went to a discount place where I received adequate haircuts in
the past, but I did not know the particular stylist. I told her I wanted the stylist
to not change the style, I wanted shoulder length, just a little neater. What I got was
uneven, chin length in the front and even shorter in the back. As a 50+ geek I`d be the last
person you`d expect to be devastated but I was. I could just hear people saying "This lady
has really let herself go." The salons don`t have a crystal ball, so even a salon with a good
track record can hire a loser.

Two weeks later I went back to my regular stylist and he fixed the cut( along with a stern
lecture). Now, its grown out in time for spring and over the last few days two people have
complimented me on my "beautiful" hair. I don`t buy it but at least they could say it with a
straight face.

Replies:
Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: April 19 2002 at 10:26pm
I feel your pain--although it sounds like your look is working for you better now. Once I went to a mall salon (first mistake) for a trim on my past-the-shoulders all-one-length hair and SOMEHOW the stylist managed to slip and cut one small section MUCH shorter than the rest in front (think the thickness of a chenille pipe cleaner.) So I had this piece right up in front that just brushed my eyebrows. God only knows how annoying that was, since I refused to get bangs cut in. Anyway, glad to hear you`re getting compliments on your "beautiful" hair! :-)

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft