Print Page | Close Window

The hair stylist is in charge (My hair!)

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24962
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 7:25pm

Topic: The hair stylist is in charge (My hair!)
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: The hair stylist is in charge (My hair!)
Date Posted: September 20 2002 at 3:09pm
I went to the salon for my annual trim. This time I wanted to go a little shorter than before, and I wanted to add some color. Well my normal hairstylist was not there, and so I had to chose this girl named Lisa. She asked me what I wanted and I said just to my collar bone. Lisa says, ok lemme get you washed up and ready to go. She started to pin up my hair so only the back was down, she takes her scissors and makes the first cut right by my nape. I didn`t notice until she went into her and pulled out a set of clippers; she saw my nervous face and said don`t worry I you will never see it. Well the clippers popped on and she went up to my occipital line, and took the next layer down, she cut that as high up as my lips! Now this was only supposed to be a trim, not a full blown makeover. At this point I was getting really annoyed and told her, What are you doing? She said that the style wouldn`t compliment my amazing features. So she goes on cutting and now she took a large like razor and did a face frame so ragidy, it looks like I did it lol! Lisa said now its time for some pizzaz, she washes my hair out again, and took my blonde hair and colored it a lighter blonde, and then added platinum highlights, so now it looks like I have white strands of hair. I was so embarrassed that I had to go to school looking like this, its a bob that is length wise to my lip and it has a buzzed nape. I am afaid that boys are not going to find me attractive with this major makeover. Is there any way I can style this mop top, or am I just going to have to sit with it for another year. All I know is I am never going to see that hair stylist again. Anybody else have all their gorgeous hair shorned off without you concent?

Replies:
Posted By: Gina
Date Posted: September 20 2002 at 8:19pm
I`m so sorry you had such a bad experience. I had one too about three months ago, and I swear it about gave me a nervous breakdown. The lady chopped off all my bra-strap length hair into a choppy layered bob. I just wanted a neck length bob with no layers, and blonde highlights (subtle ones). The shortest layer ended up being three inches long! So I ended up looking ugly and had to spend $95 for it. It` just now looking normal again.
As for your hair, without actually seeing it it`s hard to tell what you could do with it. The color could probably be corrected easily. You might just have to get your regular stylist and get it fixed.
What do the people around you say about it? Maybe it`s not so bad as you think. We`re always more critical of ourselves.
As for this Lisa character, I would try to get your money back, and I would complain about her not doing what you asked.
I hope you feel better about your hair. Good luck! Gina

-------------