Print Page | Close Window

Dreadlock Disaster

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24967
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 7:26pm

Topic: Dreadlock Disaster
Posted By: Yoga Sue
Subject: Dreadlock Disaster
Date Posted: October 27 2002 at 5:34pm
Help! A couple of months ago I thought I wanted dreadlocks, so I got `em. Well, I didn`t like them - they felt icky and I missed my "regular" hair. So I tried to comb them out, but alas, they`d already taken and I ended up having to cut them out. Now my hair is about 20 different lengths (approx. 4 inches - shoulder length). That part doesn`t have me as freaked out as the fact that my hair is super thin now from being pulled out and broken in the dread/un-dread process. Before the dreadlocks, my hair was a little past my shoulders and very thick and healthy. This sucks! Will it get back to normal in time?? What can I do to restore the health of my hair?
Tip: If you are thinking of dreading your hair and it is really healthy and long, think really hard before you do it....

Replies:
Posted By: Jood
Date Posted: November 22 2002 at 1:30pm
How long has it been since you got rid of them?
Your hair should grow back normally. I`m sure it will look better in a couple of months when it`s had time to grow in and rest for a while.
You could try using some deep conditioners (I like Aussie 3 minute miracle), protein packs etc. to improve the condition of your hair.
I guess you`ll just have to be patient and wait for the new hair to grow in.

-------------
Jood

www.haircrazy.info

Print Page | Close Window