Print Page | Close Window

Highlights to one process

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24979
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 7:26pm

Topic: Highlights to one process
Posted By: Mary
Subject: Highlights to one process
Date Posted: November 19 2002 at 3:11pm
I have dark brown hair with golden/honey blonde highlights. I think the highlights contrast too much with my base color. I would like to do a one process color so that my hair is a light/medium brown, basically lighter than my natural color, but darker than the highlights, but I wouldn`t mind if a few of my highligts still show through. Will this be a problem?

Replies:
Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: November 22 2002 at 9:56am
I would not try to do this without the assistance of a professional. My daughter tried a one process over highlights and did it herself using a Feria color. Her hair was a red as Ronald McDonald`s. She ended up spending $125.00 and five hours in a beauty salon getting color correction (not to mention three inches cut off her ends due to them being fried). I do not think color is something you should do at home yourself.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: Mary
Date Posted: November 22 2002 at 2:49pm
I wasn`t planning to do it at home. I was going to go to a salon. I`m not sure your daughter`s hair disaster had anything to do with her having highlights. I`ve heard that Feria always causes that problem even on hair that hasn`t been colored.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window