Print Page | Close Window

I AM SO DESPERATE PLEASE HELP ME MY HAIR IS AWFUL!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24995
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 8:21pm

Topic: I AM SO DESPERATE PLEASE HELP ME MY HAIR IS AWFUL!
Posted By: mdballard333
Subject: I AM SO DESPERATE PLEASE HELP ME MY HAIR IS AWFUL!
Date Posted: January 06 2003 at 11:35pm
This is gonna be short and to the point: My hair is naturally a medium brown. I tried to dye it darker brown, and it turned out black. Is there any way i can change it back to brown without stripping the color????????

Replies:
Posted By: Joy88
Date Posted: January 10 2003 at 10:04pm
The exact same thing happened to me
about 9 months ago.
If you are near a Sallys go in and
ask them what product they use for
getting the black out. I didnt use
that product but heard it was a good
product to use. Instead I used a stripper
on my hair and after the color was
out I put a light to medium brown
color on that I could live with. It
took about 6 months for the condition
to improve. I used all of Sallys products
and they worked wonders. Good luck

-------------

Posted By: caro
Date Posted: January 14 2003 at 3:49am
I wouldn`t use a stripper on your hair, you could end up with very dry, brittle hair what`s even worse then black hair, give it some time and use a good clarifying shampoo, the black`ll probably fade to a dark brown after a month or so

-------------

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: January 14 2003 at 8:04am
I am not a color expert, but I can tell you this much from personal experience: getting black dye out is very, very difficult and most likely will involve stripping the color and leaving your hair rather fried. You`d be better off forking over the cash at a salon than attempting it yourself. But be forewarned: your hair probably won`t be in the same condition afterwards as it was pre-color. Perhaps you could get some subtle lighter brown highlights all over, which will give you a more natural look while the black grows out.

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: hairalways
Date Posted: January 17 2003 at 7:15am
Hi! I did the same thing last October. I went to my stylist and she stripped it and colored it a gorgeous chestnut color. I would never have tried it at home. She used very gentle products and my hair feels absolutely wonderful. As a matter of fact. I got it trimmed with her at that time (Oct 5,2002) and i still don`t need a trim - I have layers too. I am growing it out so i am seeing how long I can go without a trim. I thought with the color change that i would have needed to go in but my hair feels and looks solid - no splits.

So if you can, go to a pro. JMHO

Jacqui

-------------