Print Page | Close Window

I want a lighter shade of red and brown

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25011
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 9:18pm

Topic: I want a lighter shade of red and brown
Posted By: Dyer34
Subject: I want a lighter shade of red and brown
Date Posted: March 20 2003 at 5:52pm
Like a idoit, about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair with Loreal's Intense Dark red, and my hair came out way too dark. Anyway it has faded into a copper-like color but it's still too dark for me. I want to dye it lighter, but i don't know if I can. Does anyone have any suggestions, or can anybody tell me any home remedies to help my hair color fade more?

Replies:
Posted By: LiliBeach
Date Posted: March 20 2003 at 10:21pm
Question.............

What was your hair color before you colored it?
Come on and be honest....every color you had on it.

-------------
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Posted By: wittils
Date Posted: March 21 2003 at 12:08pm
You hear it a million times... go to a professional so you don't create a bigger problem (then in retrospect you realize that what you had was not so bad).

They say it is impossible to dye your hair a lighter shade if it is dyed dark first... well not impossible, just complicated and it takes a professional.

As for me... I gradually lightened my hair after I dyed it a dark golden brown. Lots of reddish tones as it faded.

I lived with the change. And the color did fade some. I took the risk when it came time to touch up the roots and applied a dark golden blonde. It came out fine. Then after a few touch ups of that I switched to Natural Instincts "Sahara" only because I had decided to wean off of the permanent dyes.

Sahara is the lightest blonde offered in that semi-permanent line, but it always works great for me. It brightens the darker hues, and lightens the natural highlights that I have.

That was a long time ago, and it is all a different story now...

-------------
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.

Posted By: Dyer34
Date Posted: March 21 2003 at 12:26pm
My natural haircolor is medium brown, before i dyed my hair red, it was like brownish color. Its sad because last week i went to a salon to get to dye my hair brown, and the color didn't change my hair at all. urg....makes me so mad.

-------------

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: April 15 2003 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by wittils wittils wrote:

You hear it a million times... go to a professional so you don't create a bigger problem (then in retrospect you realize that what you had was not so bad).

They say it is impossible to dye your hair a lighter shade if it is dyed dark first... well not impossible, just complicated and it takes a professional.

As for me... I gradually lightened my hair after I dyed it a dark golden brown. Lots of reddish tones as it faded.

I lived with the change. And the color did fade some. I took the risk when it came time to touch up the roots and applied a dark golden blonde. It came out fine. Then after a few touch ups of that I switched to Natural Instincts "Sahara" only because I had decided to wean off of the permanent dyes.

Sahara is the lightest blonde offered in that semi-permanent line, but it always works great for me. It brightens the darker hues, and lightens the natural highlights that I have.

That was a long time ago, and it is all a different story now...

How do you gradually get back to blonde? I have a hair horror myself. I am naturally dark or dirty blonde, with long hair that is highlighted w/a golden blonde.....I wanted to get back to my natural color, and the lady at Sally's suppy shop told me to use Wella 511 (Light Brown) w/10 developer. Well, horrors, my hair turned DARK, DARK BROWN. I hate it. I used Tres Semme clarifying shampoo for about a week, and it did tone it down some, but still DARK BROWN. I hate it. My stylist gave me a few Caramel highlight around my face. I still hate it. How can I get to a dark blonde, my natural color......this is way to dark for me, i have pale skin, and it just looks ridiculous.

HELP,

Thanks,

Julie Ponzo

This was about 3 weeks ago.

Date Posted: April 15 2003 at 6:16pm
Also, I have long naturally curly hair. I hate to have to cut it, with layers from below my shoulder down my back.

Date Posted: April 15 2003 at 6:23pm
One more thing. Money is pretty tight right now as I am on disability due to a neck injury. Which is exactly why I was trying to get to my natural color. I can no longer afford the frostings. I would appreciate some guidance on fixing this myself.

Is hair dye remover an option? And then dye to dirty blonde? Thanks...Julie

Print Page | Close Window