Print Page | Close Window

perm no go help

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25031
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 9:17pm

Topic: perm no go help
Posted By: mosslisa
Subject: perm no go help
Date Posted: June 13 2003 at 2:00am
help i just had my hair permed and it looks nothing like i wanted i look like scary spice i normally have stright hair just below my shoulders what can i do

Replies:
Posted By: Hermione
Date Posted: June 13 2003 at 7:56am
I've been having my hair permed for a long time, and I've found that it needs a little time to sort of "calm down" after the perm, because you've just had such an intense chemical process done.

If you just had the perm, did you waith the 2 days before shampooing? This is really important. If you haven't shampoo'd yet, once you do, and then make sure you use a very good moisturizing conditioner, it should look better. Mine always looks terrible the days before shampooing for the first time.

Make sure you always use a good conditioner. I use Redken AllSoft alternated with Biolage Conditioning Balm. Use a bit of leave in after, I like Redken Extreme AntiSnap.

Use a good gel or mousse or what have you, to control frizz. A lot of people here like the Frizz Ease products. I haven't tried them. I like Nexus Versastyler if I am going to blow dry. If I'm air drying, I use Bath & Body works new Curl on Cue gel. It's great stuff. Not crunchy, controlls the curl, and isn't drying.

You might go back to your salon and ask them if they can do a deep conditioning treatment on you. They should have a good one that they put on and then you sit under the hood dryer with low heat, to open up the cuticle and let the conditioner into your hair. It should help a lot.

Hope that helps you some!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window