Print Page | Close Window

REALLY bad hair day

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25039
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 9:15pm

Topic: REALLY bad hair day
Posted By: Merlin
Subject: REALLY bad hair day
Date Posted: September 18 2003 at 11:22am
Just read this on the Foxnews web site. A terrible situation for Ms. Reddish and the effects will be with her for years. A true cautionary tale.

Woman Gets $150,000 After Hair Treatment Leaves Her Bald

Thursday, September 18, 2003

ATHENS, Ga. — It was far worse than just a bad hair day.

A jury awarded $150,000 to a woman who was left mostly bald after a visit to a salon.

Mary Lynn Reddish, 43, went to a Regis Salon in October of 2000 to have a mild hair relaxer applied to her wavy blonde tresses, but after the treatment, clumps of her hair came out in the wash and even more were pulled out when combed.

Reddish said she was left nearly bald as the result of a chemical reaction from the hair-relaxing product and the dye used to bleach her hair blonde.

The damage to Reddish's hair follicles not only caused the temporary hair loss, but also will probably cause her to suffer from premature hair loss as she ages, said her attorney Danny Love.

On Friday, a Clarke County Superior Court jury awarded Reddish $150,000 in compensation for mental anguish, as well as wigs and other expenses she incurred.

"I believe it was a fair verdict," Love said. "The jury did not discount her pain and psychological suffering. They didn't discount this as just a bad haircut — it was much worse than that."

Ed Mangiafico Jr., the attorney who defended Regis Corp. in the lawsuit, declined comment Monday.

Minnesota-based Regis Corp. is the world's largest company in the salon industry, with over 9,000 salons in North America.

-------------
Merlin

Replies:
Posted By: HunnyBunny
Date Posted: November 22 2003 at 4:37pm
omg I feel so sorry for her, I'd hate it if all my hair fell out.

-------------
Last Cut: Thurs. Dec 17 2003
Length: 12 1/2 inches
Goal: Mid-Back (24 inches)
Next Planned Trim: Dec 17 2006

Posted By: HunnyBunny
Date Posted: January 05 2004 at 4:59pm
edit

-------------
Last Cut: Thurs. Dec 17 2003
Length: 12 1/2 inches
Goal: Mid-Back (24 inches)