Print Page | Close Window

Straightener Damage?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25040
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 9:20pm

Topic: Straightener Damage?
Posted By: emblie1
Subject: Straightener Damage?
Date Posted: September 23 2003 at 10:28am
Hi everyone...new here and would love some help. I got my hair straightened at a professional salon with Rusk Radical Anti-Curl (#1 for normal hair). My hair is fine and pretty straight anyway...I just got this done for the frizzies I get from humidity, etc. It worked GREAT last time (I had this done before about 10 months ago) and LOVED IT. This time I'm afraid something went wrong. After I left the salon my hair seemed to be "sealed" to my scalp along my part and in front on my hair line on the top of my forehead. It feels crispy along those areas and along my part my scalp kinda feels "bruised" like when you wear a pony tail or hat too long. Has anyone experienced this? Does it sound like it's chemically damaged? Will my hair fall out? It's been 4 days and I don't think any has fallen out, but I'm scared. I haven't gone back to the salon for fear that she'll want to correct it with more chemicals. Please help if you can. Thanks so much!

Replies:
Posted By: goldnya
Date Posted: October 02 2003 at 9:07pm
I think you might have to wait a few days or weeks for your hair to get better. I figured that when your natural hair starts growing out, your hair will fall better to the way in which you desire. I've never had that situation happen to me, so I'm not really sure, but I'm just trying to offer some help. Bye!

-------------

Posted By: Merlin
Date Posted: October 06 2003 at 1:44pm
The "crispy" part of your story greatly concerns me. It certainly SOUNDS as if your hair was overprocessed. You really should have it analyzed to determine the extent of the damage. If you don't want to go back to the person that did the straightening a good salon can do it and sometimes it is free.

I suggest you be extremely gentle with your hair - don't use a blowdryer or brush when it is wet. Use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and apply a quality deep conditioner (like Mega Moisture sold at Sally's).

I note it has been a week since you posted and I truly hope you haven't seen any extensive damage since then.

Good luck and I hope things work out well for you.

-------------
Merlin

Posted By: marielaveaux28
Date Posted: December 08 2003 at 5:20pm
You may want to try CAT by Redken. It will put protien back in your hair and make it 65% stronger.
I put straighteners in my hair myself. My hair is naturally coarse, thick, and dry. Hope this helps....

-------------

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: December 10 2003 at 12:16pm
Journalist interested in hearing about straightening stories, in particular damaged hair ... even if you just suspect something is wrong with your hair after getting it chemically straightened.

Please email straighthair@abctv.com and I will give you my real email address and my phone.
Thanks much!

Print Page | Close Window