Print Page | Close Window

bad hair memories

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25097
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 9:17pm

Topic: bad hair memories
Posted By: nygal
Subject: bad hair memories
Date Posted: July 30 2004 at 11:46am
Hi..this isn't really a blooper that I had done to me by a beautician..it's something that happened back in junior high. If anyone has similar stories that they would like to share, feel free! Well, I was in 9th grade just sitting in one of my classes minding my own business, when I felt something hit my head a few times. I had no idea what it was until I touched it. It turned out that two girls that apparantly had a grudge about my long hair decided to throw gum at it. Well...needless to say, there was so much of the stuff in my hair that I or my mother or anyone else for that matter could not get it out. So, I had to cut my hair. It was terrible. I just don't understand why people have to do things like that. So, that's my bad hair memory. Like I said, if anyone has a story they'd like to share, feel free!

-------------
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright

Replies:
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: July 31 2004 at 4:39pm
Thats horrible! Did you have to cut all of it? Was it really short?

Posted By: nygal
Date Posted: July 31 2004 at 6:05pm
Yeah, it was above my ears short. It just didn't look good on me, but in a strange way it was probably a "good" thing, because after I cut it, it actually grew back healthier.

-------------
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: August 01 2004 at 2:09am
Bad childhood hair memories. . . blee, so many. . . I'll just choose one at random, then.
Well, one thing I remember, I was maybe five or six and it was school picture day. I wanted to wear a ponytail but wasn't allowed because my mother said, "It'll look like you have short hair, and people will think you're a boy."
Yes, I know that's inaccurate on so many levels, but anyone who's read my posts much, knows how uber-conservative and old-fashioned my parents were (one of the biggest reasons I so reject stereotypical old-fashioned gender roles, especially where hairstyles are concerned).

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: August 01 2004 at 9:15am
I think mine must be going to the hair dresser and having her dry my hair so that it stuck out for miles!

Print Page | Close Window