Print Page | Close Window

hair straightning

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25132
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 10:32pm

Topic: hair straightning
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: hair straightning
Date Posted: January 06 2005 at 6:50am
hi.. i want to get my hair hair staightened(i m a guy) and i have normal hair..will straightning creams like wella or berina help..does oil make hair curl??

Replies:
Posted By: m.y.o.b
Date Posted: January 07 2005 at 2:20pm
In my experience hair straightening creams are a waste of money, to get hair that stays straight, you need heat, whether it be blown out or straightened with hair straighteners.

-------------
m.y.o.b

Posted By: prettybaby
Date Posted: January 15 2006 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by m.y.o.b m.y.o.b wrote:

In my experience hair straightening creams are a waste of money, to get hair that stays straight, you need heat, whether it be blown out or straightened with hair straighteners.

Yup. I'd say flat iron it. That's probably your best bet.

-------------
[IMG]http://www.sherimoonzombie.net/site/media/gifs/sherimoonzombie-babysmile.gif" />

CURRENT HAIR: blonde =) straight, under a tiara!

Posted By: trophywife
Date Posted: January 16 2006 at 2:45am

And use a protective product against the heat when you straighten it; it will work better, last longer and stop some of the damage to your hair.  There is a great straightening spray made by Lee Stafford, available in the UK (and I'm not sure where else - seen it on sale in Europe too, but not widely), otherwise I have heard good things about the GHD iron oil too.

If you have a friend or relative who has some straighteners, borrow them and see whether you can get the effect you want before shelling out for your own ones!  Good luck.

-------------
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posted By: aubergine
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:38am
Originally posted by trophywife trophywife wrote:

And use a protective product against the heat when you straighten it; it will work better, last longer and stop some of the damage to your hair.  There is a great straightening spray made by Lee Stafford, available in the UK (and I'm not sure where else - seen it on sale in Europe too, but not widely), otherwise I have heard good things about the GHD iron oil too.

If you have a friend or relative who has some straighteners, borrow them and see whether you can get the effect you want before shelling out for your own ones!  Good luck.

I use the Lee Stafford Flat Iron Protection Mist.  It's very good - I highly recommend.  It smells gorgeous too!

Posted By: trophywife
Date Posted: February 06 2006 at 3:05am
It smells amazing, doesn't it?  But I don't think it's available outside of the UK.

-------------
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Print Page | Close Window