Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25222
Printed Date: May 18 2024 at 12:43am

Topic: Thank God for curly hair!
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Thank God for curly hair!
Date Posted: June 16 2000 at 6:15pm

Greetings all!

I think it was about 10 years ago that I noticed my attraction to women with curly hair, especially short curly hair.  I was watching A&E Comedy Hour, and the host was Shari Lewis (of Lambchop fame).  As soon as I saw her, I just went nuts...on the inside, of course.  On the outside, I just stared in awe and adoration...and want(?).  I couldn't believe what I was seeing--thick, short, supercurly red hair!  A three-in-one job! lol  The whole time I was watching, all I could think about was simply setting her in front of me, facing away from me, and just  letting my run my fingers through her hair. 

Ever since then, when ever I see a woman with short curls, I go catatonic for a few seconds.  If she appears approachable (and if I'm feeling bold), I'll walk right up and compliment her on her hair.  Most times, I get a pleasant, albeit surprised, "Thank you".  Also, it stems from hearing complaints from guys who don't like curly hair, claiming it's "poodle-y" or "clownish", and the curly haired women who happen to overhear those remarks.  So often, I encounter women who hate their curls, and that's when I pounce, so to speak.

Like the name implies, I LOVE curly hair...the curlier the better.  I know it's a pain to deal with...but lemme tell ya...with me around, your curls would get so much attention they'd probably fall out!  lol

Thank you for your ear!

Jimmy

Replies: