Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25305
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 3:21pm

Topic: KMS Flat Out or other?
Posted By: Jana
Subject: KMS Flat Out or other?
Date Posted: December 27 2000 at 10:28am
I am a poor student with super curly hair. I want to try a good temporary straightening product. I can`t afford much. Does KMS Flat out work or am I wasting my money?

Replies:
Posted By: cutie3
Date Posted: January 04 2001 at 8:53pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP967431121&id=453&page=1#9.453.1 - 9.453.1
I have tried KMS Flat Out and I love it!
After trying other straightening products such as Physic I have foun KMS to be my favorite.

If you go into a salon and ask about the product they usually will give you a few samples to try.

Hope this helps!! Tell me what you think if you use it.

-------------

Posted By: CarrieM
Date Posted: January 04 2001 at 9:40pm
I tried the Flat Out straightening balm a couple of years ago, and did not like it at all. It`s possible it has been changed, but at the time I felt it was too heavy for my fine hair, particularly at the scalp. There are many different straightening products out there, and different ones work for different people. If your hair is coarse or thick, the Flat Out would probably work better for you. If it has more of a fine texture, like mine, a product that has a more liquid consistency could work. Phytodefrisant Straightening Balm is the one exception I have found... it is a bit thicker, but does not weigh my hair down at all. I also have had good results with Sebastian Get it Straitt and TIGI Control Freak. Good luck!

-------------

Posted By: sandy
Date Posted: March 23 2001 at 5:29pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP967431121&id=453&page=1#9.463.1 - 9.463.1
I tried KMS Flat Out some time ago and it was way too heavy. Then my stylist said, "But there is a Lite version of Flat Out - that`s the one that you should be using!"
So I bought the Lite KMS Flat Out and I LOVE IT. A hint: This products effects sort of accumulate; use it every other day if it`s still too heavy.

-------------
BaldSandra

Posted By: meredith
Date Posted: April 05 2001 at 7:38am
I use the L`Anza Straightning balm - I can`t remember the exact name of it but it is orangey coloured. It is fabulous for me. I have medium long curly hair that looks really fine if I straighten it.
I used Flat Out a while back and it was too heavy and sticky for me.

-------------

Posted By: snickems
Date Posted: April 29 2001 at 9:09pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP967431121&id=453&page=1#9.587.1 - 9.587.1
i tried the KMS gel and it DID NOT work at all, plus it was too heavy. The best one I`ve found so far is by Paul Mitchell I think it`s called "straight works"...hope that helps

-------------

Print Page | Close Window