Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25326
Printed Date: June 01 2024 at 4:08pm

Topic: Hair regime
Posted By: nat
Subject: Hair regime
Date Posted: February 17 2001 at 12:00pm
I`ve recently got my hair permed, and it looks good, but i`m not 100% sure on a regime i should use.
What products are best? Will gel be best for defining curls? or wax? and whats better? a spray gel or a `normal` gel (i.e. a pot)?
when i wake up in the morning, my hair seems to go pretty flat, and so i need to wet my hair a bit and scrunch it, any way i can prevent this?
Sorry 4 all the questions!!!
Thanks,
Nat.

Replies:
Posted By: Natalie
Date Posted: February 17 2001 at 9:28pm
I would say use a spray gel because I think they are not as messy...and try the wetting and scrunching.

-------------
Natalie

Posted By: liz_naz
Date Posted: July 29 2002 at 6:13am
well, when i had my hair permed, no one advised me on the regime i should use to keep the life of the curl, so i never did anythin to condition the curl. I now wish that someone had kindly advised me, suchas my hairdresser.

Firstly, deep condition ur hair once a week with a good deep-conditioning treatment such as Kerastase (available at all professional hair salons).

Now, while your hair is still wet, use Frizz Ease extra strong serum (the purple bottled one, specifically for permed hair) run a few squirts of it thru ur hair while it is still soaking wet (ur hair), making sure u cover all ur hair.

Next use Salon Selectives Mousse...making sure u cover all ur hair once again.

Then let it airdry.

Your curls will be nicely defined, full of body, sooo nice, trust me.

All products, ie. frizz ease and mousse costs around 2-3 pounds-ish each depends where u buy it from.

Except the deep conditioning treatment costs around a tenner.

hope this was of some use to u.
:|

-------------
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)

well, when i had my hair permed, no one advised me on the regime i should use to keep the life of the curl, so i never did anythin to condition the curl. I now wish that someone had kindly advised me, suchas my hairdresser.

Firstly, deep condition ur hair once a week with a good deep-conditioning treatment such as Kerastase (available at all professional hair salons).

Now, while your hair is still wet, use Frizz Ease extra strong serum (the purple bottled one, specifically for permed hair) run a few squirts of it thru ur hair while it is still soaking wet (ur hair), making sure u cover all ur hair.

Then let it airdry.

All products, ie. frizz ease and mousse costs around 2-3 pounds-ish each depends where u buy it from.

-------------
---------------x

Then let it airdry.

-------------
---------------x

Then let it airdry.

-------------
---------------x

Then let it airdry.

-------------
---------------x