Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25559
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 3:15pm

Topic: Ques. regarding frizz, Revostyler, and Sheer Blonde
Posted By: Lifeguardgirl
Subject: Ques. regarding frizz, Revostyler, and Sheer Blonde
Date Posted: June 05 2002 at 9:59pm
Hey I`m new to the board so first I just want to say Hi to everyone. Hi!! OK down to the questions....

I have a lil longer than shoulder length, dirty blonde, curly(10%)/frizzy(90%!!!!) hair. I also swim almost everyday and the chlorine I`m sure is not a big help.

Ques. #1: I have used John Freida and other frizz serums and they make my hair nice and soft, but it is still frizzy!! I`m at my wits end. Any suggestions on shampoo, conditioner, serums, treatments...?

Ques.#2: I`d like to try to get my hair straight but without harsh chemicals or expensive stuff. How do I do that and have it a successful do?

Ques.#3: I just saw the Revostyler on TV today. Has anyone used it and know how it works? Is it worth the $$$?

Ques.#4: I just started putting in A Touch of Sun by Clairol to lighten my hair for the summer. I also am using the Sheer Blonde highlight activating shampoo and conditioner. Is it necessary that I use the Sheer Blonde? Or am I just wasting my $$$?

Thanks for any and all help you can give me!!!

-------------
Katie

Replies:
Posted By: Rita
Date Posted: June 07 2002 at 8:15pm
1) my hair is also kind of frizzy due to chemical damage (hair dying) and one conditioner that I found that helps tame my frizz and leaves it soft is (pantene`s smooth and sleek conditoner 6 signs of healthy hair) give it a shot, perhaps this might also work for you.
Also many curly haired girls say that using a good leave in conditioner which works miracles for their hair; not only does it leave your hair soft it also turns frizz into lovely curls

2)Regarding straightening, you could go to a salon and get a professional blow out which does not use any harsh chemicals, however, the process could be expensive depending on which salon you go to.
Another method could be you yourself blowdrying your hair straight and then using a straightening iron to get it even straighter this second method could be done successfully done if you use the right tools and products, but it takes alot of time 1hr or sometimes longer depending on how curly your hair is

3) I was once a candidate of using a touch of sun by clairol, my opinion is it should be banned from the market, it just basically burns and destroys your hair,with the help of the sun or blowdryer, leaving it prone to more frizz and damage. If you want to lighten your hair, I suggest you use a good permanent hair dye like feria or nutrisse ----> which contains fruit oil in it

-------------
Rita (:

1) my hair is also kind of frizzy due to chemical damage (hair dying) and one conditioner that I found that helps tame my frizz and leaves it soft is (pantene`s smooth and sleek conditoner 6 signs of healthy hair) give it a shot, perhaps this might also work for you.
Also many curly haired girls say that using a good leave in conditioner which works miracles for their hair; not only does it leave your hair soft it also turns frizz into lovely curls

2)Regarding straightening, you could go to a salon and get a professional blow out which does not use any harsh chemicals, however, the process could be expensive depending on which salon you go to.
Another method could be you yourself blowdrying your hair straight and then using a straightening iron to get it even straighter this second method could be done successfully done if you use the right tools and products, but it takes alot of time 1hr or sometimes longer depending on how curly your hair is

3) I was once a candidate of using a touch of sun by clairol, my opinion is it should be banned from the market, it just basically burns and destroys your hair,with the help of the sun or blowdryer, leaving it prone to more frizz and damage. If you want to lighten your hair, I suggest you use a good permanent hair dye like feria or nutrisse ----> which contains fruit oil in it

-------------
Rita (:

-------------
Rita (:

-------------
Rita (:

-------------
Rita (:

Posted By: Lifeguardgirl
Date Posted: June 07 2002 at 8:37pm
Thanks Rita!!!

-------------
Katie

Print Page | Close Window