Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25611
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 6:49am

Topic: what I do to make my hair look nice
Posted By: Deb
Subject: what I do to make my hair look nice
Date Posted: August 12 2002 at 10:18am
This is what I do to make my curly hair look nice.

1. I shampoo and condition my hair.
I like to give my curls one last cool rinse before styling before coming out of the showers.

2. Once in every 2 weeks, I like to do `Whattacurl wants` from the Curly girl book. I suggest that you don`t use this recipe every single day, trust me...it makes your hair feel a bit weird. Just use it once in awhile. (See below for recipe)

Whattacurl Wants

The baking soda will remove heavy product buildup and leave your hair feeling shiny and clean.

1 tablespoon baking soda
1 cup warm water

1. Combine above ingredients in a spray bottle and shake.
2.Wet, condition, and blot-dry hair as usual
3. Spray with mixture
4. Allow to sit for a minute or so, then rinse with cool water.
5.Blot dry again, style as usual.

3. After I get out of shower, I take tiny drop of my conditioner and I run through my hair with it or I scrunch my hair with it. (Yes I know, it sounds a bit disgusting but it really helps me to get rid of my frizzies without using tons of products)
I also like to mix olive oil or some kind of nut oil with my favourite perfume and spray my hair with it.

4. I then take any gel(tiny drop) and scrunch my hair with it... sideways...looking down...always from the end toward the scalp.

5. I also then take any gel(tiny drop), graze my hands over the top layer of hair. (It really minimizes frizz)

6. I then just air-dry my hair.(Leave it alone)

7. I fluff my hair from beneath before it dries 100%

If I dont feel like taking shower ...I just spray my hair with a spray bottle filled with water. I then just use tiny bit of conditioner and gel to style my hair.

Well hope this helps!

Print Page | Close Window