Print Page | Close Window

Help my naturally curly hair disapeared!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Curly Hair Talk
Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25711
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 3:19pm

Topic: Help my naturally curly hair disapeared!
Posted By: Molly
Subject: Help my naturally curly hair disapeared!
Date Posted: February 16 2003 at 9:25pm
Hi, every1 when i was little i had naturally really curly hair and then when i was 6 or 7 it started going away. Now it's basically straight with just a little wave or 2.(it's shoulder length)(I'm 13 years old) I was wondering if i could get it cut into a certain style like layers if more waves or curl would come back to my hair or am i stuck with uncurly hair forever unless i get a perm?If u have any advise at all please please respond a/s/a/p Im desperate!

Replies:
Date Posted: February 17 2003 at 3:28pm
Please ne1 even if you don't have any advise respond!!

Posted By: Sophie
Date Posted: February 17 2003 at 6:45pm
Hey Molly; OK, it could be a change because of your age, sometimes hair changes at your age because of adolescence...that being said, I would be willing to bet that you still have wave in your hair.

Yes, a layered style would lighten the weight, change and fill out the shape, depending on how much layering you have done.

There are some most excellent products on the market to enhance curly hair...gels, spray gels...they're clean and lightweight and work great with a defuser.

Last but NOT LEAST some shampoos and conditioners can really weigh hair down with too much moisture...Is your hair fine or course??...One way to tell if you are over moisturized is, after shampooing with a towel gently squeeze (don't rub) the water out of your hair, comb to smooth. If the hair is still dripping (really wet) after you comb out you could be over moist...

This just means that if your hair is too heavy with moisture its hard to get the wave set in there when you defuse it.It should be light and bouncy. You can switch to a shampoo and conditioner that is not moisturizing, hydrating, for dry hair etc.

Ask a great Stylest, preferably one with curly hair.

-------------
Sophie
http://salonwest.proboards34.com - http://salonwest.proboards34.com

Posted By: Ingrid16
Date Posted: February 18 2003 at 1:52am
I'd give you some advice, but I think Sophie covered it all :) Most of all, I'd agree with getting the right cut. Search around a little to find a stylist who specializes in curly/ wavy hair, since it needs to be cut somewhat differently than stright hair. Also, she mentioned gels, sprays, etc. that enhance curl...I'd recommend Dream Curls by John Frieda or Springing Curls by L'Oreal- I've had good result with both of them.
Good luck to ya!

Love,
Inga

-------------
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing

Date Posted: February 18 2003 at 5:10pm
Thankyou guys so much for the advice!

Posted By: minnesotamommy
Date Posted: February 28 2003 at 9:45am
You can try what I did, I use to have naturally curly hair too now I have to get perms. What a pain..

...........this post was edited and deleted in part by HairBoutique.com Admin. We do not tolerate spam or product sales on the HB boards. Thank you for your help in this matter.

HB Admin Team

-------------
Thanks for coming by.

www.geocities.com/bottomsupphotos
/main.html

Posted By: LiliBeach
Date Posted: March 05 2003 at 8:32pm
Hi,

Here is some advice from one natural curly head to another.

Mine too was very curly as a child and when I reached about your age, it decided to straightn.

However......when I was 25 and had my first child my hair changed its mind and went back curly.

Glory Days are here again!!!

Its been 10 years since (yes I am 35) and it is still very curly and I love it!!!

Moral to the story....Love the hair you have right now. Take good care of it and who knows what can happen. Just keep it healthy!!

-------------
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Print Page | Close Window