Print Page | Close Window

Guy with short curly hair wants it straight!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Curly Hair Talk
Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25851
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 3:19pm

Topic: Guy with short curly hair wants it straight!
Posted By: coolcat
Subject: Guy with short curly hair wants it straight!
Date Posted: February 28 2004 at 8:25pm
Hey, im a guy and i have short curly hair. Right now my hair is about 2 inches in length.

Anyway, I used to use some hair straightening stuff from walmart called "just for me"....and it straightened it, but left my hair really dry and frizzy.

I really want my hair straight but think the popular chi iron thing cant be done because of my hair length. And i do not have much resource as to any great chemical hair straightener.

ANy suggestions welcome.

thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: February 29 2004 at 5:07pm
Did you use the straight perm for kids "Just for me"? Chemicals at home, I usually say are a no-no. If your hair is really badly damaged, you may need to cut and start from the beginning. If its not horrible, I suggest using a round bristle brush and blow dry on low with a diffuser. You are going to need to pull each section of your hair with the round brush while you blow dry. Its a bit time consuming, but worth it. There are plenty of straighting products that arent chemicals. But only use a small amount, because they too can dry your hair out. I hope this helps.

Date Posted: February 29 2004 at 5:09pm
You can also find inexpenisve hair flat irons. IF you want your hair to be straight and spiky, I also suggest using a pomade, or a balm.

Posted By: coolcat
Date Posted: March 02 2004 at 8:24pm
THanks!

-------------

Posted By: Ruthie
Date Posted: March 28 2004 at 12:20am
just grow it longer... *drool* guys with long-ish curly hair are SOOO HOT! i swear to god dont straighten it just get the skater hair thing going on it's dro-dead sexy!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: April 01 2004 at 5:11pm
Yeah! Just grow it out for a couple of months. Curly hair will look good once you have it more lengthy.

Hair really frames your face, so you will look different once you do grow it out.

Print Page | Close Window