Print Page | Close Window

"There's a point when you're hair won't grow any longer, no matter how much you want it to!"

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Curly Hair Talk
Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=26032
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 5:27am

Topic: "There's a point when you're hair won't grow any longer, no matter how much you want it to!"
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: "There's a point when you're hair won't grow any longer, no matter how much you want it to!"
Date Posted: December 19 2004 at 8:10pm
"There's a point when your hair won't grow any longer, no matter how much you want it to."
IS THIS TRUE??? I HEARD THAT FROM ANOTHER HAIR WEBSITE!!! MY HAIR IS ONLY SHOULDER LENGTH AND I'M TRYING TO GROW IT OUT...IF ANY OF YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS...PLEASE TELL ME!!!
THANXXX!

Replies:
Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: December 20 2004 at 4:29pm
What is your hair regimen? How often do u do it?

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: December 21 2004 at 4:05pm
yes, i think that's true.

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: December 21 2004 at 4:50pm
It's true, it's called terminal length, the maximum length your hair will grow under ideal conditions. When a hair reaches that length, it would fall out and the follicle would become dormant until the next growth cycle began.

But I think that length is probably longer than waist length in most cases. If you abuse your hair, you would never really be able to reach that length, because the individual strands would break off long before they ever got that long.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: December 21 2004 at 8:09pm
Well...I cut my hair regularly every six month...and I don't use chemicals on it nor do I straighten. I only blow dry it if it's really cold... I hope this helps...
Thanks for all your responses everyone!

Print Page | Close Window