Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=26069
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 3:16pm

Topic: straightening?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: straightening?
Date Posted: February 11 2005 at 8:09pm

As you can tell, I have amazingly curly hair... it's actually longer and curlier now (that photos about a year old). I like my hair, but there are days when all I want is straight (not perfect, just near-perfect!) hair. I am looking for a REALLY good flat/straightening iron. I'm willing to spend up to, like, $250. I'm really lazy, so I want something that I'll be able to do in an hour or less.. not sure if this is possible. Does anyone know of any irons that may work?

Replies:
Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: February 12 2005 at 9:46am
Sedu. I really want this straightener and it's only 99-105 dollars. I think you can only get it at folica.com but they may be sold out of it right now, I'm not sure. You can read the reviews there or read about it at makeupalley message boards.

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Date Posted: February 12 2005 at 10:56am
Hey I have hair thats just as curly as yours but its not nearly as long. Now I can straighten my hair (now im talking stick straight) in just under an hour, but I do it so that it stays straight and doesn't get effected if it's humid or gets a little rain on it or something. Now I can't think of two ways to shorten the time that will help you. Now first thing is you need to get a GOOD ceramic straightening iron. Since you're willing to spend more you can get a wider one which helps cut your straightening time a good amount. Rusk has a really good one thats really wide, I have a BabyBliss but im not sure if they make a wide one. Also, what I do to keep it straight is I roughly blow dry it straight first, but I mean you can still get a stick straight look if you just dry your hair running your fingers through it till its dry, that will also cut your time a good amount (dont worry how it looks cause the staightening iron will fix it).

Posted By: Chikita_Cutie
Date Posted: February 12 2005 at 8:05pm
My hair is just as curly as yours. It's a little shorter though. Everytime I straighten my hair I use a Conair straightener. It takes me 30-45 minutes to get it straight. I love the results! Since I was too lazy to go to a real hair place I went up to Walgreens and got this one for $10. Just 'cause it was cheap doesn't mean it doesn't work. This one actually worked as well as getting it done at a salon. But since it doesn't stay straight for as long as I'd like it to I go and get it chemically straightened that way its stays straight for 2 months. I hope I helped.

Feather

Date Posted: February 15 2005 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Hana Hana wrote:

As you can tell, I have amazingly curly hair... it's actually longer and curlier now (that photos about a year old). I like my hair, but there are days when all I want is straight (not perfect, just near-perfect!) hair. I am looking for a REALLY good flat/straightening iron. I'm willing to spend up to, like, $250. I'm really lazy, so I want something that I'll be able to do in an hour or less.. not sure if this is possible. Does anyone know of any irons that may work?
yes i do its called go get a strinniner

Date Posted: February 18 2005 at 8:26am
i have curly hair...a little less parmy, but curly....you are going to be looking at a huge mess if you start straightening your hair....the curls will never be right again....

Posted By: ToXiC KiSsEs
Date Posted: February 18 2005 at 12:50pm
I use a HAI starightener, it is really really good. As you can see in my picture I have just as curly hair as you.The staightener is ceramic, thin, and works so good. I love it, I just put a little bit of a shine serum in it before I strighten it and it comes out perfect! The only thing is once you straighted it your hair will start to get really damaged and wont looks as good as it did before you straightened it!

-------------
¸,¡|IvI|¡,¸
''i|¡||¡|i''

Print Page | Close Window