Forum Name: Up, Down & Formal Hairstyles
Forum Description: Special hairstyles for special events
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=26160
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 3:59am

Topic: I need a dance hair style
Posted By: dani
Subject: I need a dance hair style
Date Posted: November 30 2000 at 8:24pm
Hey everyone I really need something to do with my hair for an upsoming dance!!! can you help!! write me

-------------
dani

Replies:
Posted By: JenDoesHair
Date Posted: December 01 2000 at 12:27am
What length is your hair now? What texture? Where you looking to wear it up or down for the dance?

-------------
Jen :-)

Posted By: Ashley
Date Posted: December 01 2000 at 1:13pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP201643360&id=1&page=1#13.1.1 - 13.1.1
my hair is short and i need a hairstyle which will be very nice and neat. it is quite thick and is in the victoria becham style.

-------------

Posted By: john
Date Posted: December 03 2000 at 3:04pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP201643360&id=1&page=1#13.3.1 - 13.3.1
I just saw a short short style in the Gallery here that was slightly ruffled and had white flowers pinned around the crown. It looked hot.

I would think that you could do a very slicked back look and pin a flower over one ear, decorate with a hot sparkly jeweled clip or headband or a tiara comb.

Or you could do the slightly messy spikey look and pin small flowers around the crown. Or even some of those tiny hair jewels.

If you have dark hair, white flowers, light hair, dark flowers to match your dress.

-------------

Posted By: JenDoesHair
Date Posted: December 05 2000 at 2:51pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP201643360&id=1&page=1#13.3.1 - 13.3.1
I would agree with John. Did you happen to see Sliding Doors with Gwenyth Paltrow? She wor her short style with flowers and almost pin curls and looked great.

-------------
Jen :-)

Posted By: Alex B
Date Posted: December 07 2000 at 1:52pm
Someting that looks great is having it slicked at the front with a slight part either to the side or middle (where ever you natrurally part it) and then ruffled at back.

Firstly section off hair at the crown from ear to ear. The front section is the section you will slick with a good gel or wax.

The back section can be hot rollered. Take out the rollers and run fingers through to loosen the curl. You can then twist small sections at random and pin into place with those half sized bobby pins or use jewelled pins which look great at a dance as they capture the lighting.

If you want to make the curl less tighter warm wax in your hands and then run through small section at a time. This will pull out the curl, but won`t straighten it all together.

Have a good time at the dance.

-------------
Alex B - Make Up Artist