Print Page | Close Window

I need a hair do for homecoming i have one week and am desperate!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair & Special Events
Forum Name: Up, Down & Formal Hairstyles
Forum Description: Special hairstyles for special events
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=26217
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 1:15pm

Topic: I need a hair do for homecoming i have one week and am desperate!
Posted By: Erica
Subject: I need a hair do for homecoming i have one week and am desperate!
Date Posted: September 20 2001 at 1:11pm
I have hair to my shoulders it is streaked blonde and i want something fancy but elegant and not to fancy but uniqe i have a long slim dress and i need your help

Replies:
Posted By: hairdesigner
Date Posted: September 22 2001 at 6:17pm
Styles to try:
1. Cornrows--you`ll need a friend, a comb, a lot of small hair ties (there are some available at target that are called rubber bands, but are meant for hair. they`re great and they won`t rip your hair).
Instructions:
1. Make a small (1-2 inch) parting on one side of your head from your hairline to the nape of your neck and put the rest of your hair in a ponytail with a scrunchie.
2. French braid this section, being sure to always add hair from the far sides of the parting, not just the middle. Try to add the same amount of hair each time. Braid the ends and clasp with a band
3. Repeat with the rest of the hair, from one side of the head to the other side

2. Twists--you will see a variant of these (called cornrolls) a lot, but I`m sure you don`t want to look like everyone else so I`m giving you a better look. The best instructions are in Patrick Cameron`s second book and I haven`t read it so I`m sure i`m getting them wrong. Oh, and you might want to have a friend help with this one too, just because it`s mostly worked at the back of your head.
Instructions:
1. Make a very high messy bun, but leave all the hairline hair from just in front of the ears to the back of the head on both sides out of it (that means the hair from the edges of the hair to 2 inches in from the edge of the hair).
2. With the hairline strands, section off a two inch section at the beginning of the "left out" hair and twist it. Bring it over the head, across and around the messy bun and pin it there.
3. Continue with the rest of the hairline strands. This should make the effect shown in the image I found.

-------------
~Hairdesigner~

Print Page | Close Window