Print Page | Close Window

NEED HAIRSTYLE FOR VERY FORMAL DANCE! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair & Special Events
Forum Name: Up, Down & Formal Hairstyles
Forum Description: Special hairstyles for special events
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=26230
Printed Date: May 21 2024 at 7:42am

Topic: NEED HAIRSTYLE FOR VERY FORMAL DANCE! PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: NEED HAIRSTYLE FOR VERY FORMAL DANCE! PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Date Posted: December 01 2001 at 3:24pm
I have a military ball in 2 weeks and Im not sure how to wear my hair. I have straight/wavy red hair that is about halfway down my back. I also wear glasses. My dress is a spagetti strap fushia color. Someone please help me find a way to wear my hair! thank you sooo much!

Replies:
Posted By: guywithbraids
Date Posted: December 03 2001 at 12:40pm
Hi Jennifer, Have you thought of wearing your hair "up". My favorite updo is a Gibson Girl. It is a very dressy style, and very easy to do.
First, brush out your hair, then bend over and put it in a ponytail at the top center of your head. Don`t make it tight, as you want a little fullness around your head. Then using hairpins pin it in a loose bun at the top of your head.
There are a lot of variations, I like to make a very loose ponytail at the top so my ears are almost hidden. You can pull a few tendrils out to make it more romantic.
Your dress sounds really prety, if you can find some ibbon or a piece of material that matches you can tie it around the bun at the top of your head. Wear some pretty dangling earrings and your all set. Pleae let us know what you decide. Have a great time.
Dana

-------------