Print Page | Close Window

bad texturizer

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=26991
Printed Date: May 07 2024 at 12:40am

Topic: bad texturizer
Posted By: TONYA
Subject: bad texturizer
Date Posted: September 04 2003 at 11:41pm
I stopped relaxing my hair about a year ago. My hairdresser cut all of my relaxed hair off and texturized my new growth. Since cutting my hair, I have texturized my hair three times, but I am very dissatisfied with the outcome. When I leave the salon it looks great. It has a curly/kinky look that I really like.

After a few weeks, some parts of the hair maintain the curl, but others look as though it was never texturized. My hair is also extremely dry and unbearable. While, I'm happy that I freed myself of the relaxer and am very concerned about my new look. I am beginning t feel the same stress that I felt when I was relaxing my hair. The bottomline is that I don't think my hair looks right. I think it looks like a bad Jheri Curl or a bad relaxer sitting on top of an afro.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really hate to have to cut it all off again (because being next to bald was devasting), but I'm beginning to come to grips with the fact that texturizers aren't for everybody and maybe I should REALLY go natural. May I say again, that I don't know if myself esteem can handle having someone shave my head again. Additionally, I don't like weaing braids. Please help because I am very confused.

Print Page | Close Window