Print Page | Close Window

DESPERATE for hair care advice

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27070
Printed Date: June 18 2024 at 8:28am

Topic: DESPERATE for hair care advice
Posted By: 2Short51
Subject: DESPERATE for hair care advice
Date Posted: February 07 2004 at 12:23am
I was wondering if anyone knew of any alternative ways of straightening hair, besides perms, relaxers or hotcomb. What about straightening serums? Someone told me to try Super Frizz Ease by John Freida, and then flat iron. I haven't tried it yet. Has anyone? Does it really work on black hair?
And what is this HF37 I've been hearing about? What does it do and where can I purchase it?
I'd like to join the " To the Waist" club, but I need a hair care regimen that actually works, before I can start growing it out. I am getting really desperate for hair advice. I don't know how to take care of my hair, and I'm afraid it will start to break off really badly. Please help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-------------
xoxo

Replies:
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: March 09 2004 at 4:32pm
yes, you can use a flat iron or curling iron to straighten afro textured hair. the better the quality of the iron the better it will work. ceramic is better than the regular ones. you can do web searches to find out more. john frieda has a black line of his frizz serum at some stores. try one of those. i prefer castor oil for moisture and sheen.

hair formula 37 is a super dosage hair vitamin designed to grow your hair at 1" per month. it costs $50/month. they have a site - again, try doing a search.

if you do your hair in protective styles that keep your hair from being combed or manipulated you can grow your hair longer.