Print Page | Close Window

Wildgrowth--bogus testimonials??

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27314
Printed Date: May 26 2024 at 4:49am

Topic: Wildgrowth--bogus testimonials??
Posted By: brown_eyed_girl
Subject: Wildgrowth--bogus testimonials??
Date Posted: November 23 2004 at 10:47am
I've visited the Wildgrowth website and some of those "It worked for me!!" testimonials seemed a little suspect... does anyone else get the feeling that the stuff isn't any better than anything out currently out there, that this product has been incredibly hyped? Don't get me wrong, I bought a bottle of the stuff too. I don't think i really need it, but i figured i'd give it a shot anyway. Has anyone here used it and gotten the same results that i've read about on that website?

-------------
"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Replies:
Posted By: Supersugar
Date Posted: November 23 2004 at 1:15pm
All it took for me to realize that website was not what it claimed to be was the horrendous and completely amateurish layout. I mean, really. You could make a better page with AOL. Somebody is SO selling that stuff out of their garage.

Besides, I've seen the ingredient list and it's all stuff that people on these boards use to moisturize their hair, but as for exceptional growth, I'd venture to say the 'growth' comes in the relaxing of tightly kinked hair through moisture, giving the illusion that your hair is growing more rapidly. If Wildgrowth really did what it claimed, I assure you they would have been bought out by a conglomerate by now.

-------------
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.

Date Posted: November 23 2004 at 2:03pm
That's exactly what I mean! What a terrible looking page. I could come up with something better than that.

-------------

Posted By: Renee
Date Posted: November 24 2004 at 9:21am
it stinks. waste of my money

-------------

Date Posted: November 24 2004 at 10:06am
could someone use it as a hot oil treatment? cos i cant imagine leavin git on my hair cos of the smell

-------------

Date Posted: November 24 2004 at 12:47pm
Yeah the stuff stinks. The first time i used it, i think i accidentally put too much on-- i was smelling it all day long.

-------------

Date Posted: November 24 2004 at 3:50pm
I've heard people say to add it to coconut or almond oil, and that seems to help the bad odor. If it stinks cold, I couldn't imagine what it'd smell like warm.

-------------
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 11:01am
I use Wild Growth Hair Oil. You can purchase it from Sally's. It stopped my hair breakage. The smell is not good, so I added almond oil to it. You must follow the directions on the bottle. It stopped my hair from falling out when combing with two days.

Try it.

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 6:37pm
i guess ill mix it with coconut oil.

-------------

Date Posted: December 05 2004 at 5:27pm
never tired it but my cousin with long beautiful hair

loves it !

whenever i say how much i love her hair

She Nags me to buy some or quit complaing

Date Posted: December 06 2004 at 11:47am
I've been using it about a month now... it's very hard for me to check the growth of my hair since i usually do the updo thing. My friend washed my hair last weekend and i was very suprised to see that it had reached... i dunno... boob length?(sounds funny), and that was before it was straightened (it was really bushy looking). Anyway, I don't think I'm quite ready to worship Wildgrowth yet. Yes, I'm that much of a skeptic. I'll see what my mane is doing in another month or two.

-------------

Posted By: Guyanese girl
Date Posted: December 13 2004 at 3:49pm
I am using it at the moment, the smell not too bad, anyway. I used it as a hot oil treatment and it seemed okay. I am using it mixed with castor oil, surge, aloe vera gel with 5 drops of rosemary essential oil, it is not quite a month, since I have used it, but my hair looks very shiny, it feels quite moist, but not greasy. I like it! It's a keeper

-------------

Date Posted: December 15 2004 at 9:04am
I might have to buy this again. Everytime I use it, my hair feels weird, like the oil was just sitting on my head.

Date Posted: December 15 2004 at 10:26am
Originally posted by C_Dub C_Dub wrote:

I might have to buy this again. Everytime I use it, my hair feels weird, like the oil was just sitting on my head.

Do you apply it to your scalp or just your hair? Personally speaking, I massage it into my scalp because it seems like it does nothing on my hair.

-------------

Date Posted: December 15 2004 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by C_Dub C_Dub wrote:

There's a reason for that; your common sense is telling you to leave it on the shelf. It sounds like the stuff's not right for you.

-------------

Posted By: collcoll
Date Posted: October 24 2005 at 6:07pm

WELL IT DOES STINK BUT AFTER MORE USE YOU DO GET USE TO IT I REMEMBER WHEN I FIRST PURCHASE IT AND OPEN THE BOTTLE, IT GAVE ME AN HEADACHE. BUT AS I CONTINUE TO USE IT I BEGAN TO NOT NOTICE THE SMELL ANYMORE. I BELIEVE THAT ONLY WHEN I HAVE IN BRAIDS AND USE IT THAT I ACHIEVE GROWTH WITH COMPARED TO WHEN I DO NOT HAVE IN BRAIDS AND DO NOT USE IT.

MOSTLY WGO IS GOOD AT SOFTEN NEW GROWTH AND THEREFORE MAY CONTRIBUTE TO HAIR GROWTH.

-------------
IloveRob   

Posted By: Jazmynsgrandma
Date Posted: October 26 2005 at 9:38am
It really softens my new growth (i'm now 4 months post relaxer) and it has given me length too.  I'm no fan of the smell, but it has made a difference in my hair, especially since I've been growing out my relaxer.  It gives it a softness I can't explain.  May not work for some, but it works for me well.

Posted By: karonica
Date Posted: October 26 2005 at 2:07pm

I didn't like it at all.  Made my scalp too itchy and dryish.

-------------
Natural since Nov 6, 2004

Posted By: NoNapNique
Date Posted: October 26 2005 at 4:20pm
I love it!!!  It keeps my coarse new growth in DEEP check ... Although I might alternate between WGO and Doo Gro Mega Thick Oil due to WGOs price - almost $8 a bottle where I live!

Posted By: QueenLinda83
Date Posted: October 26 2005 at 11:38pm
I also love it.  I'm not bothered by the "curry" smell (to me at least).  I put it on the length of my hair when it's wet, and my scalp when it's dry. Works wonders for me.

-------------

Posted By: DarkBrunette
Date Posted: October 28 2005 at 11:45pm
I'm using it right now.

Posted By: locsoflife
Date Posted: October 29 2005 at 2:04am
  Me too. I'm using it every other day along with the MGT. It makes my hair soft.

-------------
“My hair is not dreadful to me. I tell my children curly hair loves itself so much it hugs itself and you have to tear it apart. That is why I call our hair ‘love’ locks.”

Tassili Maat

Print Page | Close Window