Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Vitamins & Growth Formulas
Forum Description: Questions & Answers about Hair Vitamins
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27728
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 10:22am

Topic: Read this if you buy HF 37! ! !
Posted By: IRIS
Subject: Read this if you buy HF 37! ! !
Date Posted: February 26 2003 at 6:53pm
Hi,

About a month ago I bought HF 37 and it's been helping with my hair growth. But the other day I thought I would also buy a multivitamin to supplement my overall health. I was comparing the ingredients in Centrum and HF 37. Centrum had almost all the ingredients in HF 37 step one. Also a bottle of centrum will last longer and cost between 5.00-10.00 dollars. A good idea would be to buy a mutivitamin and only buy step two of Hair Formula 37. Also the ingredients not found in Centrum are Choline Inositol and Paba can be found at GNC or bought over the internet for 5.00 - 7.00. I don't understand why HF 37 charges so much when half the ingredients are in a simple multivitamin. I guess they know that sometimes people can be desperate and they are benefiting off us. What a rip off.

Replies:
Posted By: IRIS
Date Posted: February 26 2003 at 7:40pm
I'd also like to add that step two of Hair Formula 37 is nothing but a combination of amino acids. You can buy amino acid supplements at any health store or probably even wallmart for less than 10 dollars. I could have spent 15 dollars a month for the exact same supplements and vitamins in Hair Formula 37 but instead I spent $50.00 a month. I should have known better. Please don't buy HF 37 take a multivitamin and amino acid supplement it's the exact same thing.

-------------

Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: February 27 2003 at 8:46am
Wow !!!
That's a wake up call for me.
Thanks Iris.

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: Kitty Brite
Date Posted: March 25 2003 at 5:39pm
Yep, that's why I did my research before buying any supplments for hair growth. ;)

But I must say, either way it grows your hair.

The complete package for amino acids can be quite expensive.

So is having to buy things like a b complex or MSM every month or so.

Another thing is you want to look for the amount of what somehting has in it, and how many tablets you take etc. If you take 1 tablet for a supplment that is a good sign especially if there is a lot in that supplment..

Say if something has 10mcg of biotin, compared to say 1200mcg of biotin in one tablet.. which one are you going to buy? Which has the better value.

I hate to say this but with just a multivitamin and a couple amino acids it's not going to be a complete package.

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: March 26 2003 at 12:28pm
Unfortunately it is not as easy as saying that one product doesn't work because it is a rip off. There are many variables and levels of information that have to be considered from the problem being addressed to the product's design.

Many people have fabulous results from using plain old hot oil treatments with olive oil. Others have terrible results because their hair is so damaged the olive oil doesn't make a dent or their hair is so thin, fine it is too heavy. Some people need professional products and some don't.

Therefore a blanket statement against any product is not really fair because there are so many other considerations. The same is even true with prescription drugs and physicians are the first to say that a miracle drug for one patient will have no impact or be very destructive for another patient.

And if looking at prescription drugs as an example, many, if not most of the hair vitamins, are a bargain compared to what you pay for prescription drugs. Are drugstore brands better? Again it is all relative.

Some people can use Pantene with great results and others have seen it turn their hair to total crap. So I vote that everyone look at everything relative to their needs and pocketbook and not make blanket "its a rip off" statements since it is all a personal call.

Print Page | Close Window