Print Page | Close Window

hairdresser

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27962
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 12:07pm

Topic: hairdresser
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: hairdresser
Date Posted: July 14 2004 at 7:23pm
Can anyone tell me how I can find a hairdresser that specializes in straight, fine hair? I live in the Milwaukee, WI area.

I have many times asked a woman whos hair I like who her stylist is, made an appointment and was disappointed with the result since my fine, lifeless hair is so hard to work with.

Right now I have it layered. I got the style from computer imaging so I knew the style would look good on me but it is not the right style for my fine hair. I looks good right after I style it in the morning but as soon as I get to work and walk from the car to the building it has fallen flat. If I use too much hairspray it gets flyaway and weighed down.

Also, any suggestions for a good hairspray for fine hair that does not weigh it down?

Replies:
Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: August 02 2004 at 9:19am
What you did--asking other women whose styles you admired--is about the best advise I could give you. It usually takes me a long time to find a hairdresser I like who can do my hair so just keep looking. It helps if you are near a big city as the better hairdressers seem to go to the larger cities. I actually found a couple of really good ones when I lived in Atlanta by looking at the hair magazines. Several of the local hairdressers there published styles so you can actually see if you like their work. Good luck. I know it isn't easy. I found that either blunt cuts or pretty short cuts work best on me.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: August 03 2004 at 1:08pm
I have fine, straight hair, and there are two products that I love to use for my hair:

Alterna Thickening Compound I put it in my hair before I blow dry it, and then the hairspray I use is Nexxus Dzyn Maker.

The hair spray gives a long lasting hold, but it keeps your hair looking natural, rather than all dryed out looking.

Print Page | Close Window