Print Page | Close Window

don't know what to do with my hair.

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27999
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 3:41am

Topic: don't know what to do with my hair.
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: don't know what to do with my hair.
Date Posted: February 04 2005 at 11:09pm
Hi! I have thin, fine straight hair that is just below shoulder length (though I have had various lengths). I have worn my hair in a ponytail every day of my 20 year old life (except in 1st grade when my mom convinced me to get a little boy hair cut). I have very healthy hair but I have no idea what to DO with it. As thin hair does it tends to go flat and get alittle scraggily looking if worn down all day long. What can I do it make it look sleek all day long so I don't have to resort to the old ponytail? What are other ways to style my hair? I need step by step here, I am that unknowledable. I've used a blowdry maybe a dozen times thats it. HELP! I am pathetic!

Replies:
Posted By: twitterfairy
Date Posted: February 14 2005 at 5:40am
My hair is similar, goes super flat and unmanageable. What I do is wash my hair at night, when it is still quite damp, I put my hair into plaits, usually 5 or 6, in the mroning my hair has a lot more volume and oomph and it has texture. The only thing is try not to brush it when you take it out of plaits or it'll get a bit frizzy. ;) I don't know if you will like that idea, but definetly try using a volumising shampoo and only using conditioner on the ends of your hair (if you use conditioner). I think herbal essences has a nice volumising shampoo, but others disagree.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window