Forum Name: Diet Days
Forum Description: A place for sharing ideas, tips and our daily struggles
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28058
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 8:03pm

Topic: Attention All Vegetarians
Posted By: Spaci32
Subject: Attention All Vegetarians
Date Posted: December 04 2003 at 7:28am

Okay, I've been a vegetarian for over three years now and love what I'm doing. The problem is I know I don't get all the nutrients I need and sometimes feel very run down and tired. I work odd and long hours so I can't plan to eat a meal that requires cooking and has enough protein. So I guess what i'm asking for are good supplements to take that would give me the needed protein and other vitamins I miss.

Traci

-------------
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.

Replies:
Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: December 04 2003 at 9:28am
Hi Traci

I recommend de-bittered brewers yeast powder.

It contains all the B vitamins and is packed full of protein in a bio-available form.

Brewer's yeast is not an animal product or by-product.

Hope that helps.

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: hairalways
Date Posted: December 24 2003 at 6:47am
HI! I carry a can of soy protein powder and carton of soymilk to work....It mixes easily together and can be sweetened with fruit juice, stevia or sugar to taste great. I have one of those shake cups with the lid. Each serving gives me 32g of protein and approx 1/2 needed b vitamins. When I am at home I throw in frozen chunks of mango, banana or strawberries for extra texture and taste.

Jacquii

Posted By: Giles
Date Posted: December 24 2003 at 9:19pm
I have sometimes used the protein powder approach, also making up a HUGE pot of beans so that I have some available for snacks helps. I find that I love aduki beans cold or hot, likewise with garbanzo beans. You still need a good source of B-12 however.

-------------
Giles

Print Page | Close Window