Print Page | Close Window

what outfits would boots go with?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Fashion
Forum Name: Shoes, shoes & shoes
Forum Description: Adidas to Jimmy Choos, sandals to knee highs, dish on your favs.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28131
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 2:44am

Topic: what outfits would boots go with?
Posted By: Jenna
Subject: what outfits would boots go with?
Date Posted: October 20 2003 at 4:55pm
I have always loved boots, especially knee-highs, but I've never bought any since I don't know what I would wear with them. Can some of you boot lovers here give me examples of outfits they could go well with? Then maybe I can finally buy a pair. Where is an affordable place to buy nice looking ones? (aka inexpensive but not cheap looking)

Replies:
Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: October 21 2003 at 5:16am
I like the look of knee-high "go-go" type of boots with miniskirts and sleeveless minidresses, but I'm really into the '60s nostalgia thing anyway. *shrugs* I hear mod is back in, though, so it might still work, even today.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: October 21 2003 at 7:37am
I just bought a really cute pair at American Eagle. I NEVER shop that wasteland of wrinkled teenage rags but they were having a sale. I wear them with a black turtleneck sweater and red plaid skirt--just above the knee and narrow. That look has been popular the last few fall/winters and it's great for the office.

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: Jenna
Date Posted: October 21 2003 at 4:28pm
LOL @ wasteland of wrinkled teenage rags! I second that.

Both of your suggestions sound very cute. They're not outfits I'd usually wear, but I'm trying to wear what I really want now instead of just playing it safe.

-------------

Posted By: papillon_purple
Date Posted: November 02 2003 at 12:53pm
Boots that are about ankle-high go with just about anything. I have one pair that I bought earlier in the year. It goes with jeans, and even dress pants. I think knee-high boots go better with skirts than the ankle-length boots.

-------------

Posted By: KathyAnn
Date Posted: November 08 2003 at 10:00pm
I like the look of boots with a nice snug pair of jeans, a nice shirt or sweater, and a suede, leather or blue jean jacket.

Print Page | Close Window