Print Page | Close Window

Platform Flip Flops

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Fashion
Forum Name: Shoes, shoes & shoes
Forum Description: Adidas to Jimmy Choos, sandals to knee highs, dish on your favs.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28135
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 7:31pm

Topic: Platform Flip Flops
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Subject: Platform Flip Flops
Date Posted: December 15 2003 at 2:51am
I was recently out of town and was near a beach area and I stopped in to buy trashy shell souvenoirs. I was surprised to see a wall full of very high platform flip flops. They looked pretty cool and were in some amazing colors but I was shocked at how high they were. I am such a klutz that I would probably kill myself in them. Has anyone worn a pair of the super high platform flip flops?

Are they comfy or hard to walk in?

Best wishes,
Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Replies:
Posted By: Jenna
Date Posted: December 15 2003 at 2:37pm
I have a black pair almost 2" tall, and I think they're perfectly comfortable to walk in except for the strap which hurt my feet. I can only wear them for an hour before they start to hurt, but they're nice and casual to wear with jeans.

-------------

Posted By: Laine1998
Date Posted: December 15 2003 at 3:21pm
I have a pair from Old navy that are probably about an inch, to an inch and a half. They're not too bad, but the strap does also hurt my feet too. I'm always worried about my ankles in those shoes!!!

-------------

Posted By: papillon_purple
Date Posted: February 29 2004 at 7:08pm
I like flip flops that have 1/2 inch to 1 inch of platform. I don't like the feeling that my feet are right next to the ground. My highest pair is about 1 inch, and I haven't had a problem with the straps at all. I do see platforms about 2 inches or higher, but it doesn't look too comfortable.

-------------

Posted By: Tiffany_Q
Date Posted: March 16 2004 at 1:06pm
I have a pair that are denim looking and anout 3" at the back ant 2" at the front . They are so comfy but sometimes I do fall off lol

-------------

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: April 16 2004 at 5:59pm
That is all I wear right now. The most comfortable ones to me have a 3" heal and 2" toe and are made out of kind of squishy flip flop material. I had foot surgery six months ago and they are honestly the only shoes I can stand to wear still. I think the platform absorbs some of the wear off my feet and certainly keeps them dry if I happen to step in standing water. I love them! You can wear them with jeans, shorts, skirts and they can really be pretty dressy. I have several colors and try to match watever outfit I am wearing. They are also very inexpensive. My favorites can from Target for $10. I rarely fall off.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: May 13 2004 at 2:58pm
I think they look fabulous, especially when they are 3" and above. I have two pairs and wear them loads in the summer and indoors/outdoors

Print Page | Close Window