Print Page | Close Window

Is it OK to keep perfume in the bathroom?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Perfumery
Forum Description: Aromas and scents - favs and finds
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28218
Printed Date: May 13 2024 at 8:45am

Topic: Is it OK to keep perfume in the bathroom?
Posted By: SuperGrover
Subject: Is it OK to keep perfume in the bathroom?
Date Posted: June 10 2003 at 10:51am
I remember hearing or reading that it was bad to keep perfume in the bathroom, because the steam of hot showers will sour the scent. Maybe my mother told me this?

I recently started keeping my favorite scents in the bathroom. I used to keep 'em on my dresser, but I don't stand in front of my dresser in the mornings, so perfume kept there is just forgotten and never worn.

My dad always keeps his cologne in the bathroom... so I think maybe it's not such a bad thing to do. Maybe I'll use it all up before it goes bad this way. Instead of just letting it sit idle and spoil.

What do you think?

-------------
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Replies:
Posted By: bluebee
Date Posted: June 10 2003 at 1:30pm
You're right, the perfume I have on my dresser gets forgotten. I usually keep them in the batroom, I've had some Channel #5 in there for years, it still smells good.

-------------

Posted By: alp1990
Date Posted: June 10 2003 at 1:41pm
Yep, gotta agree. I don't use anything on my dresser...I forget it's even there.

My hubby keeps his cologne in the bathroom as well and I have no complaints, he always smells sooo good!

-------------

Posted By: SuperGrover
Date Posted: June 10 2003 at 9:24pm
alp! Blue's Clues!!!

-------------
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Posted By: alp1990
Date Posted: June 11 2003 at 12:00pm
Hi Blue!

-------------

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: June 11 2003 at 1:57pm
Hi all,

Well I keep my cheaper scents in the refrigerator. Then I spritz them on right before I head out into the steamy Dallas summer heat and it feels wonderful. I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but someone told me about it back in St. Louis when I was 18 and I have been doing it ever since.

I don't keep my Alfred Sung in the fridge but I only wear Alfred for special evening events. However, I do keep my lighter scents in the cool air. :-)

Does anyone else do that?

Best wishes,
Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Posted By: Starburst
Date Posted: June 11 2003 at 7:42pm
Oh I like that idea of keeping the scent in the fridge. After a hot day in the sun you can come home and drink a nice cool glass of lemonade and spritz some great scent on your pulse points. Does the coolness cause the scent to degrade?

Star

-------------

Print Page | Close Window