Print Page | Close Window

If you weren't in the career you have now, what would you be?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Work, Work, Work
Forum Description: Job & Career Related Musings
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28259
Printed Date: July 26 2024 at 7:27pm

Topic: If you weren't in the career you have now, what would you be?
Posted By: SuperGrover
Subject: If you weren't in the career you have now, what would you be?
Date Posted: September 14 2003 at 7:24pm
I was at a party last night and met a gal about my age who is a pilot for US Airways Express. How cool is that?

She got me thinking. If I weren't working in production, what would I have done? I probably would have become an English teacher.

Or... during my last semester, I took a Horticulture class to fulfill a science requirement. I loved it! Working in the greenhouses and out in the farm fields was awesome! Maybe I'd work in horticulture. :)

-------------
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Replies:
Posted By: Debbie
Date Posted: September 16 2003 at 3:38pm
I wish I would of stuck with something like redecorating! I am not saying that I am not having a blast being a house wife (what an ugly word- I am not married to my house), But I do wish I had a career! Just my opinion! Debbie

Posted By: duke
Date Posted: September 19 2003 at 8:20am
I am training to be an ESL teacher,
with a guaranteed job if I pass well.
But I had wanted to become a
schoolteacher, and couldn't get into
teachers' college (a one year degree
after your Bachelor), not because I
didn't qualify but because demand
was too great (for example, 4 times
as many people applied to the
University of Toronto teachers'
college as could be enrolled).

If I weren't a teacher, but had my
own business, I think I'd want to
run a series of quality restaurants.

-------------

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: September 19 2003 at 8:57am
Competitive figure skater.

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: Spaci32
Date Posted: September 19 2003 at 11:36pm

I'm a counselor which is funny since I'm pretty quiet and don't really enjoy talking to people but it works for me and I do find it rewarding somedays. Anyhoo, after grad school I now wish I did something with geology or the environment. I am such and outdoors and active person it would be ideal. Maybe someday I'll be one of those counselors at a week long retreat in the mountains. Now that would be my job.

Traci

-------------
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.

Posted By: 3katz
Date Posted: October 04 2003 at 9:37pm
I love teaching English when the kids are engaged and talking about what we're reading, and I love reading the creative writing assignments, but I spend most evenings and weekends correcting papers and putting together lesson plans. And for what it's worth, most of the boys think language arts is a waste of time; it's not as cool as science and math, though neither is any good if you don't know how to think critically! The pay is terrible, and I pay a lot of expenses out of my own pocket, but I can't imagine what else I'd do. For the most part, I feel fortunate.

-------------
3katz

Posted By: SnowWhite
Date Posted: October 06 2003 at 1:49pm
I was a third grade teacher for a year and then an elementary librarian (which I loved!) Now I am a mom which is even better. I almost choose to go into medicine (pediatrics). However, if I could I'd be a Creation scientist/archeologist. I think that would be a really neat job.

-------------
?/35.5/ tailbone
curly hair
<><

Posted By: Kgirl
Date Posted: October 22 2003 at 10:30pm
I don't have a career yet, but I would love to be a hair stylist. From all my knowledge and reading about hair, especially about thermal reconditioning, I think it would be so much fun to do. However, I plan to graduate with a bachelor of science and do something human body and mind related, since science is my absolute favorite subject. :)

-------------

Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: October 27 2003 at 9:01am
Wolf pack management - either in the U.K or in Canada.

-------------
Uzi