Forum Name: Prom & Prom Hairstyles 2011-2012
Forum Description: Hair/Beauty/Fashion News for Prom 2003-2012
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28274
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 2:33pm

Topic: Suggestions?
Posted By: Kamaire
Subject: Suggestions?
Date Posted: November 10 2004 at 1:09am
Okay, I guess I need some help. I have a formal event I am attending towards the middle of the month and I have decided on a rather fancy updo for my hair. I can't seem to make it work with my hair, though. Let me describe my hair, it's very thick, straight, and reaches just to the bottom of my butt. Every time I try to put it up the way I want it, it wants to fall out due to the length and weight. I think it's just too long for this style. I'm considering cutting some of it off to make it work. I think it would take close to 18-24 inches off to make it work best. I love my hair, but I also would like this style to work, so I guess I'm willing to do what I have to. I thought I'd bring this up in here before I started cutting to see if anyone had any ideas first! Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: Kamaire
Date Posted: November 12 2004 at 11:30am
Hello all. Haven't had a chance to check on here in a couple of days (I am using my friend's computer). Haven't had any replies, though so I guess it doesn't matter! ;) Anyway, for those that were interested, I went ahead and cut my hair. I was too nervous to go anywhere, so I had my husband do it for me. He was scared as well (he really loves my hair, but he knew how bad I wanted the style to look nice), but he did a really good job. It's just below my bra strap now, which came out to be 29 inches off (we measured!). I miss my length, but it looks really nice and is a little more practical for everyday stuff (I don't have to move it out of the way when I sit down anymore!). Just thought I'd update everyone!

Posted By: sassi_01
Date Posted: November 19 2004 at 8:55pm
its good that ur hairstyle works now. I feel bad that u had to cut your hair off....i love long hair....infortantely mine is too thick to keep long....it gives me headaches :(

I wish you luck with your new hair!!!
sassi

-------------
*+*Fall DowN 7 TimEs GeT Up 8*+*

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: November 20 2004 at 9:22am
I find it very odd that someone who intends to cut off five years of growth to put it in a style that they are going to wear ONCE would bother to ask our opinions.

Especially considering short hair like that tends to fall out of updos anyway.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Print Page | Close Window