Print Page | Close Window

perm??

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Curly Hair Talk
Forum Name: Straight Talk
Forum Description: Get the straight talk on hair straightening products & techniques
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28302
Printed Date: May 10 2024 at 1:30pm

Topic: perm??
Posted By: blondetrumpet26
Subject: perm??
Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 8:05pm
Hi! I have layered hair that is a little longer than my shoulders. My hair is blonde (it's not light blonde but maybe lighter than dirty blonde. i think it's getting darker though), thin, and straight but can get a little bit wavy in some spots because I put my hair behind my ears. My hair looks nice after I blowdry it but then it either gets weighed down by hairspray or it sticks up or out. I tried putting different amounts of hairspray on but it doesn't work. I want curly hair. I want to get a perm when my hair grows to about half way down my back. My sister's wedding is about one year and a half away. I want to get highlights for her wedding. I heard that coloring your hair and getting a perm dries out your hair. Is that true? Is there anything I can do with my hair instead of getting a perm? Please help.

Replies:
Posted By: papillon_purple
Date Posted: April 24 2003 at 10:56am
Multiple chemical treatments to your hair can make it really really dry, and really damaged as well. Try using mousse when you blow dry your hair to scrunch it to form waves.

If you want curls but not perm your hair, you should try a curling iron. There's so many things you can do with the different barrel sizes. Small barrel for little curls, and large barrel for waves.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window